Are you fully vaccinated for COVID-19?

Page 6 of 13 [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 50,632
Location: Stendec

19 Jul 2021, 12:18 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Nades wrote:
Replication in fact is out of control in the UK and we have had a brilliant vaccine drive.
It's out of control among the unvaccinated, nowhere else.
Covid is rapidly becoming the pandemic of the unvaccinated.


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,086
Location: wales

19 Jul 2021, 12:27 pm

Over 80% of adults here have had the first jab and over 60% the second yet the infection rates seem just as high as this point last year. Nearly 30% of those who have died have been those in the 60% group who have been double jabbed.

The virus is clearly sinking it's teeth into those with antibodies against it.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 50,632
Location: Stendec

19 Jul 2021, 12:30 pm

Nades wrote:
Over 80% of adults here have had the first jab and over 60% the second yet the infection rates seem just as high as this point last year. Nearly 30% of those who have died have been those in the 60% group who have been double jabbed. [...]
From which YouTube video did you obtain this?


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,086
Location: wales

19 Jul 2021, 12:34 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
Over 80% of adults here have had the first jab and over 60% the second yet the infection rates seem just as high as this point last year. Nearly 30% of those who have died have been those in the 60% group who have been double jabbed. [...]
From which YouTube video did you obtain this?


Wales online and the governments own website.

Edit, Wales online got their source from public health England. A very reputable source.



Last edited by Nades on 19 Jul 2021, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 50,632
Location: Stendec

19 Jul 2021, 12:35 pm

Nades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
Over 80% of adults here have had the first jab and over 60% the second yet the infection rates seem just as high as this point last year. Nearly 30% of those who have died have been those in the 60% group who have been double jabbed. [...]
From which YouTube video did you obtain this?
Wales online and the governments own website.
Links, please?


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 51,676
Location: Over there

19 Jul 2021, 12:36 pm

Nades wrote:
Over 80% of adults here have had the first jab and over 60% the second yet the infection rates seem just as high as this point last year. Nearly 30% of those who have died have been those in the 60% group who have been double jabbed.
It's considerably more nuanced than that might appear - see: https://theconversation.com/most-covid- ... you-163671 among many similar.
Executive summary: older people are more likely to die. Who'd-a-thunk it. :chin:

More details from the yellow card reporting: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -reporting


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.


Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,086
Location: wales

19 Jul 2021, 12:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
Over 80% of adults here have had the first jab and over 60% the second yet the infection rates seem just as high as this point last year. Nearly 30% of those who have died have been those in the 60% group who have been double jabbed. [...]
From which YouTube video did you obtain this?
Wales online and the governments own website.
Links, please?


https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/993198/Variants_of_Concern_VOC_Technical_Briefing.pdf

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

The number of infections make little sense if it's only being spread among the rapidly dwindling unvaccinated.



Noca
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 May 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,892
Location: Canada

19 Jul 2021, 1:07 pm

Yep, had my 2nd Pfizer dose at the end of June.


_________________
The top gets higher the more that I climb...

Your neurodiverse score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 51 of 200

officially diagnosed with Asperger's as of 09/11/15

Reassessed 04/11/16
DSM-V: ASD level 2 with Social Communication Severity: level 2, Restrictive Repetitve Behaviour: level 2

ADOS-2 classification: Autism


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 50,632
Location: Stendec

19 Jul 2021, 1:14 pm

Nades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
Over 80% of adults here have had the first jab and over 60% the second yet the infection rates seem just as high as this point last year. Nearly 30% of those who have died have been those in the 60% group who have been double jabbed. [...]
From which YouTube video did you obtain this?
Wales online and the governments own website.
Links, please?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/993198/Variants_of_Concern_VOC_Technical_Briefing.pdf

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

The number of infections make little sense if it's only being spread among the rapidly dwindling unvaccinated.
It makes great deal of sense, considering the "rapidly dwindling unvaccinated" population is only an assumption.

Now show me exactly which pages and paragraphs support your claims.

Go ahead.  I will wait.


Image


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 77,173
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Jul 2021, 1:59 pm

Every day at this point in July, there are about 1/10 to 1/20 the amount of daily deaths from COVID in the UK as there were in January.

There were about 1,000-1,500 deaths per day in the UK during early January. Now, there are about 50 deaths per day on a really bad day.

Let me emphasize: one death a day is too much.



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,086
Location: wales

19 Jul 2021, 2:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Every day at this point in July, there are about 1/10 to 1/20 the amount of daily deaths from COVID in the UK as there were in January.

There were about 1,000-1,500 deaths per day in the UK during early January. Now, there are about 50 deaths per day on a really bad day.

Let me emphasize: one death a day is too much.


Multiple fully vaccinated people are dying every day in the UK. I'm afraid your goal of zero deaths is far outside the ability of modern medicine and might be generations away from being achievable.



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,086
Location: wales

19 Jul 2021, 2:29 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
Over 80% of adults here have had the first jab and over 60% the second yet the infection rates seem just as high as this point last year. Nearly 30% of those who have died have been those in the 60% group who have been double jabbed. [...]
From which YouTube video did you obtain this?
Wales online and the governments own website.
Links, please?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/993198/Variants_of_Concern_VOC_Technical_Briefing.pdf

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

The number of infections make little sense if it's only being spread among the rapidly dwindling unvaccinated.
It makes great deal of sense, considering the "rapidly dwindling unvaccinated" population is only an assumption.

Now show me exactly which pages and paragraphs support your claims.

Go ahead.  I will wait.


Image



Are you aware of what over 80% of the adult population having some sort of vaccine related antibodies?

It means that the the other 20% are dwindling rapidly at the current vaccination rates. 20% is "dwindle" and "rapidly" is the industrial levels of vaccinations the UK has managed to do daily.

So yeah. Dwindling rapidly.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,584
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Jul 2021, 3:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
3. There has been a lot of unfortunate vaccine-related effects and illnesses particularly in younger people.
How many is "A Lot"?  Were these effect caused by hidden pre-existing conditions?  Do you have any of those conditions?
I mentioned in my post on the 4th page of this thread that I had a horrible reaction to the 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine. I usually get the flue vaccines every year & I sometimes have minor reactions to them but nothing anywhere near that horrid. The difference in side-effects I had between the flue vaccines & the 2nd Pfizer Covid one is like the difference between bumping into a parked car while your walking & being hit by a fast moving bus while your crossing the street. I may be a rare exception though. My girlfriend was rundown for a bit after hers but nothing near as bad as me. My parents had the Moderna vaccines & dad was a little rundown & sore for a couple days after the 2nd one but nowhere near as bad as me either & mom was about the same as usual. I very seldom get sick but when I do it tends to be very hard & fast unless it's a bacterial thing like a sinus infection & then I could drag on & on until I go to the doc. Cass could be dragging with a sickness for a couple weeks feeling rundown but when I get that same sickness, I get a bad fever for like a day & I'm completely back to normal after two days. It's a very good thing I am not living alone because fevers have made me delirious on a few other occasions. Those times I need somebody to put a cold pack on my head &/or lead me to the bathroom to take a cold shower, bring me water & Tylenol, that type of stuff. It's very odd because I almost never get sick though. There could be a bad cold going around that most everybody is getting & I would be one of the few people who seem to be immune. Two of the jobs I had involved custodial stuff & I never wore gloves even 1ce cuz I hate the feel of them & I may be allergic to latex & I did not pay much attention to washing my hands or other hygiene stuff. I was much more focused on keeping everything else cleaned at work than myself & I would be one of the few who would not get sick when there is an illness going around.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"

~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


Last edited by nick007 on 19 Jul 2021, 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 51,676
Location: Over there

19 Jul 2021, 3:08 pm

Nades wrote:
Multiple fully vaccinated people are dying every day in the UK.
Death rates are skewed because older people die more often than younger people, and they're more likely to be adversely effected by Covid.
From a link I posted earlier:
Quote:
Here’s a simple thought experiment: imagine everyone is now fully vaccinated with COVID vaccines – which are excellent but can’t save all lives. Some people who get infected with COVID will still die. All of these people will be fully vaccinated – 100%. That doesn’t mean vaccines aren’t effective at reducing death.

The risk of dying from COVID doubles roughly every seven years older a patient is. The 35-year difference between a 35-year-old and a 70-year-old means the risk of death between the two patients has doubled five times – equivalently it has increased by a factor of 32. An unvaccinated 70-year-old might be 32 times more likely to die of COVID than an unvaccinated 35-year-old. This dramatic variation of the risk profile with age means that even excellent vaccines don’t reduce the risk of death for older people to below the risk for some younger demographics.

Also, this:
Quote:
PHE data suggests that being double vaccinated reduces the risk of being hospitalised with the now-dominant delta variant by around 96%. Even conservatively assuming the vaccines are no more effective at preventing death than hospitalisation (actually they are likely to be more effective at preventing death) this means the risk of death for double vaccinated people has been cut to less than one-twentieth of the value for unvaccinated people with the same underlying risk profile.

However, the 20-fold decrease in risk afforded by the vaccine isn’t enough to offset the 32-fold increase in underlying risk of death of an 70-year-old over a 35-year-old. Given the same risk of infection, we would still expect to see more double-vaccinated 70-year-olds die from COVID than unvaccinated 35-year-olds. There are caveats to that simple calculation. The risk of infection is not the same for all age groups. Currently, infections are highest in the youngest and lower in older age groups.
Source: Most COVID deaths in England now are in the vaccinated – here’s why that shouldn’t alarm you


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 77,173
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Jul 2021, 3:21 pm

It's simple numbers, really. 1000-1500 deaths a day versus 50 deaths a day (on a bad day).



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,086
Location: wales

19 Jul 2021, 3:29 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's simple numbers, really. 1000-1500 deaths a day versus 50 deaths a day (on a bad day).


I think those numbers are acceptable at the moment. Zero deaths on the other hand will never happen for the foreseeable future.