Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 7:26 am

I walk 10 miles a day. I still gained 2 kilograms.

I see what you mean, though :)

smartHulk
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Nov 2021, 8:44 am

Flown wrote:
smartHulk wrote:
I disagree. Some stuff we love and crave is just extremely unhealthy. There is no way one should ever think of incorporating something like deep fried doughnuts into their "normal" eating. You are not deprived, thinking about this food as unacceptable on daily basis, but as something you can eat as a little "cheat" once or twice a month is the healthiest mindset you can have.

I don't think that demonizing something that a person may find enjoyable is a "healthy" mindset. Is a donut nutritious? No. Should it be eliminated from one's diet completely (with the rare "cheat" day)? I don't think so. I see this sort of restriction as a potential setup for bingeing and disordered eating. I think finding ways to balance and moderate one's diet (while making room for food that brings us joy) is the healthiest approach!

Stuff like donuts have almost zero nutritional value, extremely harmful for our health, but are enjoyable. It makes donuts pretty much equivalent to drugs. I believe it's perfectly healthy to "demonize" both drugs and junk food and never ever consider consuming this stuff on regular basis.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2021, 9:45 pm

Quote:
There is no way one should ever think of incorporating something like deep fried doughnuts into their "normal" eating.

You shouldn't eat junk food every day, but can have those foods in moderation . As long as your overall diet meets the micronutritional, macronutritional and caloric goals.

If you eat 1-2, even 3 fried donuts, you can still meet your goals for the day if the other foods you eat in that day are protein and fibrous vegetables to balance out what those donuts are lacking.

smartHulk
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Nov 2021, 2:09 am

Minervx_2 wrote:
Quote:
There is no way one should ever think of incorporating something like deep fried doughnuts into their "normal" eating.

You shouldn't eat junk food every day, but can have those foods in moderation . As long as your overall diet meets the micronutritional, macronutritional and caloric goals.

If you eat 1-2, even 3 fried donuts, you can still meet your goals for the day if the other foods you eat in that day are protein and fibrous vegetables to balance out what those donuts are lacking.

Nope. You can't "balance out" nasty toxic stuff like AGEs and carcinogenic compounds. If you are eating 3 deep fried donuts a day you will inevitably develop metabolic syndrome and/or cardiovascular issues and increase probability of cancer, etc. It doesn't matter if it fits your "macronutritional goals".