why do people burp after meal?do you burp after meal

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 1:07 pm

i usually eat slowly without talking much and a dont gulp my food down but after i finish i still feel an air bubble in my stomach which soon comes up and i belch.every time no matter what

i dont like burping at the table but i cant help it
when i feel it coming i put my hand to my mouth to muffle the sound but its still audible

very relieving though

does anyone else burp after a meal ?. can you make burp come out silent if so how do you do it ?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 3:34 pm

Digestive gases are produced when acid and enzymes in your stomach react to the food in there.  These gasses are not as much as the gasses one normally swallows with their food.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2022, 2:35 pm

No because I don't really burp, maybe about twice a year but that's usually just a gulping sort of sound. I've yet to meet another human who doesn't burp or only naturally does inaudible burps under their breath.

Everyone at my work often let out loud burps, even people that you would think would be too polite to do in company. But most of them force their burps. I can always tell the difference between a natural burp and a burp that's forced out or amplified.

Being so I don't burp really, I get secretly grossed out and embarrassed when other people burp loudly, especially if I hear them burp for the first time.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2022, 8:15 pm

I burp to release pressure in my stomach after eating(probably from swallowing air with my food), which sometimes would otherwise make me nauseous. However, I'm able to burp almost completely as quiet as any other exhaled breath. If I forced it out quickly, sure it would be loud, but I don't.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 1:35 am

Yes.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 2:25 am

Caz72 wrote:
i usually eat slowly without talking much and a dont gulp my food down but after i finish i still feel an air bubble in my stomach which soon comes up and i belch.every time no matter what

i dont like burping at the table but i cant help it
when i feel it coming i put my hand to my mouth to muffle the sound but its still audible

very relieving though

I'm the opposite. I wolf my food down. It doesn't even touch the sides. I don't like burping though but I do get hiccups and I find that if I do a burp it clears the hiccups.

I hate it when people burp shamelessly in public. It is the same as farting but out of a different hole.

does anyone else burp after a meal ?. can you make burp come out silent if so how do you do it ?

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 12:14 pm

sometimes as a burp is coming it makes me pull a face that i dont intend,whys this? ive seen it happen to other people as well

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 7:59 am

Burps are gross, especially when people do really loud burps shamelessly in front of people. I think most people (unless they have a digestive tract issue where they literally can't help burping loudly) can learn to burp politely, and I don't mean inaudibly, I just mean like how the OP describes. But some people do force their burps making them come out as loud as humanly possible and it's embarrassing for me because I don't really burp so I can't help feeling grossed out or embarrassed when others burp loudly.

My cousin often let's out huge burps if she's drinking soda drinks. I know soda drinks does make people burp but her burps are just gross. They're like 8 seconds long, and extremely loud and gross. It's annoying when we're watching a movie together then suddenly every few minutes there's "BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPP", it's so distracting and embarrassing.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 5:20 pm

In some cultures, burping after a meal is a compliment.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Jul 2022, 3:25 am

I burp & fart a bit sometimes but I have GERD(Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) & I burped & farted a lot more when I was on the med Pepcid/Famotidine for my GERD than before I got put on it. Pepcid only helped my GERD a little so my doc switched me to Prilosec/Omeprazole after a couple years & my farting & burping went back to the level it was before I was put on Pepcid. My GERD is a lot better than it used to be thou it still acts up occasionally. I also occasionally had bad hiccuping fits before & while I was on Pepcid but I almost never have them since I got put on Prilosec. After being on Prilosec a while & noticing that my burping, farting, & hiccuping was better, I tried looking up burping, farting, & hiccuping with Pepcid & Pepcid can potentially make burping & farting worse. I was on Pepcid a while before those things got worse so I never thought that was a connection till I was on Prilosec a while. I was on Prilosec a bit before those things improved thou. Prilosec & other proton pump inhibitors can also sometimes help hiccuping. I would guess that various meds that can potentially affect the stomach can potentially increase burping, farting, & hiccuping as well so if any readers are on any meds & have those issues, try googling those potential side effects with all your meds & maybe talk to your doc about it in case switching meds might help or adding a med to treat gastrointestinal issues might could potentially help but those meds might be wild cards.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2022, 9:25 am

I feel that most big, huge burps are fake. People do huge burps only when they're in certain company, and at other times their burps are small, inaudible or even non-existent.

I think a lot of people burp habitually, without much gas involved. Some people like to force out fake burps just for attention or to just be rude.

Although I don't burp, I can always tell the difference between someone doing a genuine (big) burp and a fake. It's extremely easy to notice. I think when people change their tone when burping, like "ooouuuaaaaaa" or something. That ain't a burp. Just grow up. (Not referring to anyone in this thread).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2022, 2:23 pm

Everyone burps.

When you were an infant your momma would force you to burp because infants cant do it on their own.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 5:05 pm

Well has anyone tried drinking a whole bottle of a soda drink without burping?

I have, almost every day. It's way too easy. I love being unique and not making gross noises in my throat like everybody else does. I can glug down soda in public and not have to worry about the embarrassment of burping.

And no, I won't spontaneously combust. Only kids believe that will happen if you don't burp.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 2:29 pm

Yeah but I bet you fart like a lodging house cat

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 7:14 pm

babybird wrote:
Yeah but I bet you fart like a lodging house cat

Not any more than the average person really.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 12:10 pm

burps can be gross to do but also feel good

sometimes when i finish a meal i get indigestion like theres a huge bubble about to make me explode

when i sit up straight it usually makes its way up and then i burp but tastes a bit gross for about 3 seconds

i dont drink much sodas because i dont stop burping otherwise and the burps doesnt relieve me that much because its just followed by more.not like a burp after a meal that does relieve you