why do people burp after meal?do you burp after meal

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 12:56 pm

I am sure there are some lodging-house cats who don't fart at all!

I had a cat once, Whitie, who was a Victorian Lady Alleycat. She restrained all her burps and farts, just like a Victorian Lady would....and she only hissed once: When she got a shot for her flu.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 3:14 pm

Dogs fart more than cats. Almost every time a dog is on a bus long enough there's often a rotten fart smell around the dog that turns the bus into a gas chamber. My little cat used to sit for hours next to me and I would never smell a thing. When she did fart though, you'd know. But that wasn't often.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 3:21 pm

not burping doesnt make one fart more

i still get a bubbly tummy at night usually

yes beautiful women do fart unfortunately

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:29 am

It happens…..because we are human.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 3:20 pm

Sometimes I get nauseous or uncomfortable when there's too much gas in my chest - and it doesn't happen after soda drinks, it happens if I've eaten too much different foods. I feel like even the tiniest burp would relieve it completely but I just can't burp! It doesn't happen.

But I don't really want to "fix" it either because I quite like being unique and drinking soda drinks without burping makes me feel polite and...well like a rat or other animal that physically cannot burp.

On the rare occasion when I have burped, it didn't sound like a burp. It sounded more like a gulp, a bit like a cat makes when they burp.

So now you know why I have such a terrifying fear of vomiting...

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 9:14 am

Gases. Usually in the stomach...
Mine just arises involuntarily if it happens.

Even if I have the ability to actually burp voluntarily without a meal...
Just swallow enough air, but never let it pass a certain point from the middle of the neck or it'll go to the stomach...

Mmm...
I do know how to burp quietly. At least more quietly.

By letting it out slowly and small with my mouth closed.
And not let a part of the throat vibrate too much, which is a bit tricky and usually involves not having a dry throat...
At least that's my experience.

Or actually hold it in. By letting it back into the stomach. Not comfortable though.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 11:17 am

Funnily enough I have an interest in burps (not farts), and I like reading other people's experiences with burping, because it's not something I can do. What does it feel like to do a really uncontrolled long burp? Does it feel weird, or gross?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 11:25 am

Joe90 wrote:
What does it feel like to do a really uncontrolled long burp? Does it feel weird, or gross?
For me, it feels like a relief.

As a side-note (and not to derail the thread), my siblings and our cousins used to have contests to see who could say more of the alphabet on one burp.  I never could get past 'O'.

And yes, this was usually after a meal of picnic food and lots of soda/pop.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 11:30 am

Everybody burps. Even in public. The key is to be as discreet about it as possible. You should never call attention to it whether you burped or someone else did. Calling attention to it or shaming someone else for it is also improper etiquette.

Just ignore it and move on.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 12:46 pm

HEY!! !! !

Are there any MOMS out there?

You all had the task of 'burping babies' (ie putting infants on your shoulder, and tapping on thier backs because babies cant burp themselves).

So can one of you all please explain to the OP why it's necessary for humans to burp after meals?

I know it has sumpin to do with releasing gas from your stomach after digesting food.

But an actual mom can probably explain it better than I can. :lol:

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 2:18 pm

im a mum myself so i winded my boy when he was a baby

he was very colicky

joe90 do you know if you burped when you was a baby ?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 11:35 am

Caz72 wrote:
im a mum myself so i winded my boy when he was a baby

he was very colicky

joe90 do you know if you burped when you was a baby ?

My mum said I burped when I was a baby but I wasn't a collicky baby at all.
But I think I stopped burping at around age 3. Maybe I taught myself not to burp because I didn't like it. On the rare occasions where I do burp (which doesn't even sound like a burp, more of a gulping sound) I get a weird taste in my mouth for about 3 seconds, which is gross.

Do any of you get a short aftertaste after a burp?

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 11:50 am

sounds like reflux, which can happen when you burp. I don't usually taste anything really, but I drink plain seltzer/soda water (which does make my burp a bit if I gulp it) and it does't really have a taste.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 12:53 pm

DanielW wrote:
sounds like reflux, which can happen when you burp. I don't usually taste anything really, but I drink plain seltzer/soda water (which does make my burp a bit if I gulp it) and it does't really have a taste.

It's not really a sour taste or anything, it's just a taste that makes me know that I've done a burp.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 3:31 pm

Joe90 wrote:
DanielW wrote:

It's not really a sour taste or anything, it's just a taste that makes me know that I've done a burp.

i dont know whats wrong with my stomach today
iv eaten what i usually eat
but i feel a indigestion gassy feeling in my stomach and chest and every time i walk i have little burps that come up and cause a burpy taste in my mouth
then when i sit down again the air gets trapped

its weird

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 1:37 pm

Uh, I burped today and it was gross. I had drank a bottle of soda, and usually after drinking soda the gas just evaporates or I breathe it out or something. But because I was bending over a lot today, the gas bubbles from the soda kind of collected in my chest instead, and I done a few hiccups and then one pushed a burp up, which gave me a surprise. It was small and probably wouldn't have been heard by anyone else if they were near, but it was felt big to me and it threw up a weird taste in my mouth for about 3 seconds.

I just felt grossed out because I'm really not used to doing a burp and for a tiny split second I thought I was going to puke or something until I realised it was just a burp.

Yuk. :eew: