Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 3:36 pm

Vegans are a vaguely humanoid race from the star system Vega who are chemically similar to humans but exist as herbivores on their planet; and believe everybody else should on every other planet... including cats... the hyper-sentient hyper-rational aliens who designed the pyramids in Egypt all those years ago...

It is worth noting that Vegans are so perfectly evolved as herbivores that biologically manufactured Vitamin B12 is dangerous to them... even the slightest exposure to animal Vitamin B12 or animal protein, a teaspoon of mayonnaise, a fry coooked in beef tallow... even leather shoes or beef fat soap... can lead to a massive allergic reaction...

Vegans should be judged on a case by case basis, some of them are willing to reason with and respect omnivores or carnivores... others behave as irrationally and as fanatically as members of the 700 Club...

There are at least a dozen vegan embassies on Terra Prime... and vegans control a small cross section of political groups; usually on the far left (strangely enough; there are very few vegan communists... this is worth respecting)

Vegan political groups are largely based on logic from planets orbiting the star Vega.. as a result militant vegans (who behave more irrationally than the petroleum consuming lifeforms of Texium-3) are more than ready to offend or enrage humans to prove a fallacious political point...

It is unknown how vegans first landed on Earth in the 1970s... building a spaceship would've killed billions of animals on a Vega planet... it is presumed they hitched a ride on a Texium ship in exchange for political propaganda and techno records... which can both be recycled into armour plating...

Vegans are worth respecting and interacting with... but keep your distance...

Political Strength: Respectable

Threat to Nomenclature: Mild

Infiltration into Human Society: Deep

#THIS TRANSMISSION NEVER HAPPENED# $END

Morlock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2005, 3:39 pm

this, like, from Illuminati or something?

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 4:13 pm

I could never stop eating meat,,,,I feel weak if I don't eat it

rumio
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jul 2005, 4:38 pm

tom wrote:
I could never stop eating meat,,,,I feel weak if I don't eat it

I was vegetarian for 20 years with periods of veganism thrown in. Nearly died of pernicious anaemia. I'm not kidding, I got really ill without even realising it. Ended up seeing a neurologist. Now I eat meat every day.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 5:09 pm

rumio wrote:
I was vegetarian for 20 years with periods of veganism thrown in. Nearly died of pernicious anaemia. I'm not kidding, I got really ill without even realising it. Ended up seeing a neurologist. Now I eat meat every day.

I was vegetarian for a shorter period of time (8 years?), vegan some of that time. No idea of my B12 levels, but even with supplementation I felt like crap all the time. Ate meat and I did better. I still don't like a lot of kinds of meat (too many rules about how it has to be cooked in order for me not to gag on it), but I think my body needs at least some of it.

Temple Grandin apparently tried the same thing.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 8:19 pm

It's GURPS...

Made by the same company as Illuminati...

I agree; it's hard to live without meat and eggs...

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 8:24 pm

Feste-Fenris wrote:
It's GURPS...
Made by the same company as Illuminati...

What is GURPS and Illuminati?

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 8:25 pm

Edited. It was a stupid question. I could NEVER live without meat.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 11:37 pm

i've been a veggie for 25 years. no signs of vitamin deficiency or any of that stuff. am healthier than most people i know (even though i smoke). like many things, if you do it properly (and believe me, there's very little you can tell ME about food and nutrition - not that i'm obsessed, or anything... ;) ) then it's all okay. you just need to know how to do it.

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2005, 12:19 am

I've been vegetarian/mostly vegan for 12 years and I can't hardly stand the thought of eating meat - it is like an allergy for me - it looks disgusting . . . on one of the vegetarian groups I am on we were discussing the possibility that in the near future they might be able to, essentially, clone meat and eliminate the need for killing animals to get it and I still couldn't stand the thought of eating it . . .

I am lazy so I take multivitiamins and B12 sublingual everyday - but I know vegetarians who aren't lazy that have no problems vitamins at all . . .

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2005, 10:02 am

animallover wrote:
I've been vegetarian/mostly vegan for 12 years and I can't hardly stand the thought of eating meat - it is like an allergy for me - it looks disgusting . . . on one of the vegetarian groups I am on we were discussing the possibility that in the near future they might be able to, essentially, clone meat and eliminate the need for killing animals to get it and I still couldn't stand the thought of eating it . . .

I am lazy so I take multivitiamins and B12 sublingual everyday - but I know vegetarians who aren't lazy that have no problems vitamins at all . . .

I take vitamins, or rather, a mulitvitamin, but have no faith in them. I just take them to make my grnadmother happy, if I say I feel sick she doesn't ask if I'm stressed or if I've been eating right, just "Did you take your vitamins?" :P Grandmother logic!

vetivert wrote:
i've been a veggie for 25 years. no signs of vitamin deficiency or any of that stuff. am healthier than most people i know (even though i smoke). like many things, if you do it properly (and believe me, there's very little you can tell ME about food and nutrition - not that i'm obsessed, or anything... ;) ) then it's all okay. you just need to know how to do it.

Are you vegan or vegetarian?

---

I myself am an ovo-lacto vegetarian; i.e. not vegan, I eat eggs (ovo) and milk (lacto) but don't eat any meat. I am NOT pesco, or pollo (fish or chicken, respectively). This is something people at restuarants don't understand when you say you're a vegetarian and ask if there's anything on the menu without meat in it. (Would you like fish? they ask. No! The damn fish was an animal!) Not to put down pesco vegetarians; there are lots of valid reasons to eat fish. As for pollos: Yeah, I guess "I like chicken but still want to say I'm a vegetarian" is a valid enough reason. :roll: ((Sorry if that offends any pollos out there; I know you're making a sarcifice, but it's an eensy one.))

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2005, 10:30 am

Vega is a small blue star. Blue stars burn extremely hot and burn up their fuel source extremely fast. Not only is it's temperature inhospitable to life, but it's life expectancy would not allow it to harbor life of any sort for any appreciable ammount of time; especially with the massive asteroid field belived to be surrounding it.

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2005, 8:26 am

Funny.... I was eating a 20 pack of honeygarlic and barbecue chicken wings the other day. I was tossing the bones out the windows at the passing vegans.

thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2005, 8:50 am

Is this topic in the right section?

I'm sure a lot of vegans would be offended...

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 12:16 am

I agree - I've been in more situations where I've told people ahead of time that I'm a vegetarian only to get fish - it is so wierd to me - like fish weren't alive . . .

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2005, 10:04 am

Vegans are supposedly people who don't want to be associated with any form of animal being involved in the process of what they eat. It's not like vegitarianism..or so i'm told.

This vegan that I know made a rant about not drinking pepsi because some of the water filters used to make it contain animal bones. So I pointed to the cereal she was eating and said, hmmm..." I wonder how many field mice, worms and other animals the combine ran over to get the grain in that cereal?". Vegans are funny.