Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

aaronkt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2005, 9:27 pm

Has there been any studies done to show whether doing yoga regularly helps reduce the effects of AS such as stress management? I'm thinking of signing up for one at my school.

oatwillie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2005, 10:22 am

I did yoga yesterday for around 30 minutes. I slept really great last night.

There are many types of yogic exercise and some can be strenuous. Be careful! About a year and a half ago, I was going from a kneeling pose to a warrior stance without the guidance of a yogi and I snapped my knee sideways like a tree limb. When I fell it popped back in place, but I had an extremely painful two months of physical therapy to do.

Yoga is not all lotus positions and meditating as you can really work up a sweat with some positions, but it can be very good for you. I usually feel better aligned afterward. Make sure you have the guidance of a good yogi or yogini to help you on the path. I am not a limber person especilly after chasing jack rabbits and roadrunners throught the mesquite and cactus on my mountain bike, but yoga helps.

Excercise is good stress reduction as is the meditating element often assiciated with yoga and I find yoga to be a good physical workout and spiritual tune-up, often yielding better mental focus, too.

Good luck!

Sacred Cows make the tastiest hambuger.

visualize whirled peas

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Sep 2005, 1:38 am

In the words of Penn and Teller:

"ITS JUST STRETCHING!"

:wink: