Bad sinuses all night (do not read while eating)

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 8:47 pm

Last time I had a flare up, it turned into an infection. I could tell by the colour of my boogers. I had to constantly blow my nose. Usually I get a nasal spray called Rhinocort from the chemist. It doesn't work straight away, it's more of a preventer than anything.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 11:59 pm

Joe90 wrote:
It's almost 5am and I haven't had a wink of sleep yet even though I'm tired, because my sinuses have been playing up.

Quote:
How to Tell You’ve Had a Histamine Response

Within 15 minutes of eating a food, you’ll know if you’re having a histamine response if any of one of these or multiple symptoms occur:

Pulse rate increases
Sinuses get congested, or inflamed
Hives or a rash develop
Nose begins to run
Throat gets itchy or feels like it’s closing up
Tightness in chest
Migraine headache
Headache on the back and top of the head
Sinus pressure

Allergy-like symptoms

https://www.sinussurvival.com/top-26-hi ... re%20items

I have histamine poisoning issues.

BTW, is your sinus discharge yellow?
I like custard.
Yum. :mrgreen:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 6:00 am

Pulse rate increases - no
Sinuses get congested, or inflamed - yes
Hives or a rash develop - no
Nose begins to run - yes
Throat gets itchy or feels like it’s closing up - itchy throat but doesn't feel like it's closing up
Tightness in chest - no
Migraine headache - no
Headache on the back and top of the head - usually after, caused by heavy sneezing
Sinus pressure - yes?

It's not an allergic reaction. It's just rhinitis.

Quote:
BTW, is your sinus discharge yellow?
I like custard.

No, usually clear.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 6:14 am

^I bet it’s allergies.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 8:42 am

How about humidity and cold? If allergies alone cannot explain it, if antihistamines can't solve it.

Mine just dwindled the whole week since I've brought a dehumidifier for my room.
Unless I literally forgot to wear a jacket outside, or stay out past 8pm or so... I've yet to figure how to do that beyond staying warm in my room.

Or bathing very recently, usually at night.
Or try and sleep without a blanket during a cold night.
Or is actually unlucky enough to catch something.
Or just get cold enough in general, more so in a really humid time of the day. Too bad I like to walk into fogs.
Or ate something at a certain time of day and/or/while at certain reproductive cycle's phase.

I live in the tropics and in an archipelago where the average humidity is usually over 60%. It's always worst at night and early morning.

But for now, that's just the cold and dry season of this country.
I've yet to explore what it'll be during wet seasons and around hot seasons.

Just this week I found out that my ideal is around 35% to 45% room humidity.
I also read that going below between 30 to 50 that isn't ideal and as bad as going above it -- when the usual in most places I go all this time is over 60.

I've yet to find what my lower temperature limit would be other than just 'warm'... I only had recently purchased a functioning hygrometer.

Me being vulnerable to cold temperature is a rather accepted fact of my life so far.
Only to find that staying warm, not eating certain foods, cleaning my sheets every week and taking antihistamines isn't enough for me and having the same issues for most of my life... :|

I also have to understand how to stay a drier places, how to dry myself faster, how to keep my nostrils warmer (and it is supposed to be), being mindful during certain weeks of the month...
Thankfully wearing masks is somewhat a norm.
Now, soon, I would have to figure how I could cope with that during months full of storms and monsoons.

Anyways, I grew up hating sleep because of basically almost every night of what it seem like what I know of my entire childhood (since age 5), all of my teenage years, and most of adulthood consisting of life disruptions due to sinus attacks.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 4:48 pm

For What its Worth :
had read somewhere that people can have a allergic reaction to humidity and cold ? And that they suggested that there was somehow a way to cause the body not to react , to these things . Or desensitizing the body to these things
And these sensative reactions can happen after years of life and stress .
......And thats all i can recall about it ..believe the book was written by a Chiropractor after having gone through
some programmed learning classes . ????? And had treated me .. over 15 years ago .Successfully .
But followed by troubling times, after which , i can only recall , Very brief interactions with tbat same chiropractor.

where ever you go ,there you are

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 7:09 pm

I never used to get sinus attacks, it always used to be ear infections. These sinus attacks have only come on since my mid-20s, but I haven't had an ear infection since my late teens.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 9:32 pm

I deal with it for most of my life and never get used to it.

It's my main source of sensory overwhelm, it's the main reason why I get sick at all, it's also my main source of bullying and social ridicule, it's my main source of literal headache and stress.
To a point itself overshadows every problem I have related to autism, to a point that I might as well be very much disabled by it than whatever autism diagnosis had brought.

My body doesn't seem to 'desensitize' to the cold, as much as I tried. It only made me less tolerant to heat.

Unlike people, chronic rhinitis won't leave me alone. Unlike the crowds, I can't predict and avoid it.
Unlike situations, it doesn't pass or end because there are no clues how to end it.
And unlike emotions and being reactive, it cannot be talked out of it.

Imagine dealing with that on near daily basis, and not just some every other month or a seasonal issue.

Sometimes I get fevers waking up and disappears before noon.
Sometimes the itching never stopped for days. Sometimes it gives me reccuring tonsilitis like symptoms that it messes my voice.
But most at the time, I soak so many hand towels within a day, my hearing is messed up blowing my nose and having pressure headaches as if it's "normal".

And cannot afford any available treatments out there, more so as a child with clueless parents who thought that this was 'normal' merely because I inherited it -- no one to talk to about it, and those who do talk thought I should deal with it that others are dealing fine with it and I have no choice. :roll:

It took over 20 years to have a hint of why is this.
But then it also took over 20 years for me to have a space I can own and control, observe, reflect and eventually conclude. :? But that's another story.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.