Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 12:04 pm

Well I'm in hospital now so no running, but when I get out I am going back to my cross-country.

Before I came to hospital, I was a seven mile cross country runner. I also do kickboxing.

Does anyone else here run? Its really liberating, isn't it? I have mental health problems and it helps immensely with my mental health.

AnnaLemma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2008, 12:28 pm

Yep--runner for over 30 years. Never did it much in school, but took it up as an adult. As I have gotten older, I've moved into ultra distance, almost all on trail. I am at my happiest trotting down the trail as just another trail animal. I feel very special when I see a bear or a herd of deer. It is meditative and indeed liberating, in all kinds of weather (well, except extreme heat).

Hope you are out of the hospital soon!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 12:35 pm

I love running! I do it at least two or three times a day. I think I'm addicted to getting "runner's high", lol.

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 1:34 pm

i used to run all the time. it has such an awesome feeling, like being superman or something. i've been banned from running due to medical complications, but i still imagine myself running when i get stressed.

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

GodsWonder
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jul 2008, 5:01 pm

I ran cross country and track in high school. I just graduated and I still run, currently I am training for a marathon.

juancho
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jul 2008, 5:22 pm

I ran for 37 years -- didn't begin until I was almost 40 (after a scary brush with polio).

Running is supposed to be good for bones, but I had to stop because I kept breaking vertebrae (at about the age of 75). I ran 15 full marathons but VERY RARELY won any prize because I'm not "athletically endowed"; nevertheless I enjoyed the effort.

greyh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2008, 12:07 am

I used to run so much when I was in school, and I still do it now at the most random of times. I'd be walking home and if no-one else was around I'd just get a sudden urge to burst into a run :P

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 11:45 am

Running is fantastic. I normally do it 2-3 times a week in the gym, and then the big 7 mile cross-country run on Sunday. I might progress to 9 miles in order to start training for a half marathon.

I was in the London senior (for secondary schools) cross-country team.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 1:57 pm

I love running. Most of my distance fitness is done on wheels, skating. But in my day-to-day activity I often sprint, without any care of people seeing me. It gives me a weightless feeling that the skating doesn't.

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 6:56 am

SteelMaiden wrote:
I have mental health problems and it helps immensely with my mental health.

yes, definitely the same case here. i run every day from 3 to 6 km. i love having my body fit and in shape. my mind detiorates when not doing that.

some people say, that we all have a limited given number of heart beats in our lives, but its nonsense because then when we run we use out our hearts and die earlier. :roll: