Page 3 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 2:30 am

I've been watching bits and pieces of the Olympics, mostly the swimming and some diving (I'm an ex-swimmer) and it's been fun to watch. Favorite races to watch are the 400 individual medley and the 200 meter butterfly. ^_^

I also watched a good portion of the women's sabre competition and I really wish they had more fencing on the television. :mad:

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 4:42 am

Postperson wrote:
More fraud in the opening ceremony, the little girl in red only mimed to another (less pretty?) girls voice. gawd. how pathetic.

yep, the real singer (10 year old girl i think) was chubby and her teeth were crooked, what the organisers said was she did not project a "flawless image".
real sad. That would have really hurt for that girl. it was a once in a lifetime gig and she was pushed aside because of her looks. pathetic.
I hope that the offers that came for the little girl go to the real singer. I think they will..

as for what i have watched.
i have watched basketball, swimming, horse events, gymnastics, diving whatevers on. i like to see as much as possible when it is on.
aussies have done well.
12 medals in total i think.

but those chinese atheletes........24 Medals in 5 Days!! !! !! !! !! ! wow!! !! !! !! !! !! !!

trotz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Aug 2008, 9:47 am

China wins the gold in Women's Team Gymnastics for the first time ever. Well earned for them. They did a great job!

The U.S. stumbled a little, but still got silver. Naturally, the American press looks at this as a failure, but the team has nothing to be ashamed of. Even with the errors, they probably would not have overtaken China anyway.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 9:54 am

trotz wrote:
China wins the gold in Women's Team Gymnastics for the first time ever. Well earned for them. They did a great job!

The U.S. stumbled a little, but still got silver. Naturally, the American press looks at this as a failure, but the team has nothing to be ashamed of. Even with the errors, they probably would not have overtaken China anyway.

I have a funny feeling that the Chinese Women's Team Gold could be taken from them by the IOC. They may have used underage athletes which is literally cheating but I said they did a great job along with the U.S. I bet the U.S. will win the all round again like in Athens.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 1:01 pm

tweety_fan wrote:
Postperson wrote:
More fraud in the opening ceremony, the little girl in red only mimed to another (less pretty?) girls voice. gawd. how pathetic.

yep, the real singer (10 year old girl i think) was chubby and her teeth were crooked, what the organisers said was she did not project a "flawless image".
real sad. That would have really hurt for that girl. it was a once in a lifetime gig and she was pushed aside because of her looks. pathetic.
I hope that the offers that came for the little girl go to the real singer.

It's big news here in the US.

NBC showed a side-by-side comparison of both girls.
Both of them are pretty enough.

Anyhow, Mexico won a bronze medal in sychronized diving,
first diving medal ever.
Good for them! Yay!! !! !! :P :P :P

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 1:18 pm

The U.S. Men's 4x200m Relay now that was crazy because the U.S. had the control of the whole race and were literally 2 to 3 full body lengths ahead of the competition.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 2:01 pm

Didn't see that but I think my
blood pressure went up 10 points. :lol:

JDoherty
Toucan
Toucan

14 Aug 2008, 12:44 am

I try to see as many events as I can, if I can't watch the events at home due to family wanting to watch WWE or something like that, I have the radio tuned in for the Games.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 1:09 am

Well US didn't have a good start in Day 6 but it happens to everyone now and then doesn't it but I'm still proud for Team USA and their hard work and effort today.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 1:25 am

I have been enjoying the games, I am a little disappointed Canada hasn't won any metals, which is sort of typical, we win more during the Winter games, and rule the hockey world :P .

JDoherty
Toucan
Toucan

14 Aug 2008, 1:33 am

spudnik wrote:
I have been enjoying the games, I am a little disappointed Canada hasn't won any metals, which is sort of typical, we win more during the Winter games, and rule the hockey world :P .

In all honesty, I enjoy watching the Winter Games more than the summer ones, even though Australia is not as good compared to the Olympics.

The reason is that, unlike the Winter Games, The Olympic Games does not have any real daredevil sports.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 2:32 pm

Well Katie Hoff finish her games yesterday not qualifying for 800m freestyle final, Rank 10th but she a better Olympics than her Athens appearance. I bet she'll will win a gold in London 2012 Games because she will train herself harder and better like Michael Phelps who more likely go to London as well.

Also the U.S.A. won the Women cycling time trial over Great Britain on Tuesday. Christine Armstrong no relation to Lance Armstrong took home the gold in the event she wanted to compete in Athens.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 7:49 pm

I am disappointed that one of my favorite athletes, Roger Federer, will not advance.

A German woman won her fifth consecutive gold medal in equestrian competition and Germany has seven consecutive gold medals in that discipline.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 12:39 am

Phelps won his 12th gold medal in 200m IM with Lochte with the bronze in the same event, Lochte beats Perisol for the Gold in 200m Back, Rebbecca Soni beats Jones for the Gold in 200m Breaststroke, Coughlin wins the bronze in 100m Free, and the big upset is with Liukin and Johnson earn the Gold and Silver in the Woman's All Round Finals over China thus breaking their streak for Gold in Gymnastics. May and Walsh had a rough start against Belgium but made an incredible come back in their first set to win it and dominating their second set for the match to one step closer to another gold medal. GO TEAM USA!! !! !!

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 3:11 am

did you guys see the man from togo win their first ever medal in the canoe? amazing.

and did you guys hear about the Hungarian weightlifter? the weight landed on his right elbow and it looked PAINFUL! that poor guy.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 6:38 am

yeah, they've got it on video:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/858455/
poor guy, i doubt he'll be back in the olympics after this one.