Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 3:22 am

I quote from the article :

Quote:
One reason that fewer girls are diagnosed with ADHD is that girls may be more likely to have the inattentive-type ADHD symptoms, rather than the hyperactive and impulsive symptoms that are more common in boys. The issue is that while inattention and an inability to focus will cause problems for a child, such symptoms may be less disruptive and noticeable for parents or teachers, which means that these children’s ADHD may go unrecognised.

https://theconversation.com/girls-have- ... hem-101571

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 9:50 am

That happened to me. I was prescribed Adderall for daytime sleepiness and ended up feeling so much better on it that my psychiatrist put me as having inattentive type of adhd. It made sense because for the longest while I THOUGHT I had add but never really brought it up with my doctors.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 1:14 am

Damn. I should say I have daytime sleepiness so I can get some Adderall. But really I want it for weight loss lol

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 12:29 am

^No Adderall in Australia unfortunately. Otherwise I would try it.

I'm on dexamphetamine and I'm fat, heh.

When I was diagnosed, my psychiatrist went through my primary school reports and they were full of ADHD markers, which he wrote down. I'm very inattentive, my only hyperactive trait is that I can't sit still. In school this translated to wandering around the room, not getting anything constructive done. I was also very disorganised, my desk and school bag were a mess and I was always losing my things. I rarely finished anything because I took so long to get started. Homework was always done at the last minute, I really, really hated homework. I thought we got enough work at school.

Maybe if I was at school these days, a teacher might guess there was something not quite right about me..

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 7:57 am

I've been diagnosed with ADHD just recently but I can't take meds for it because I have psychotic issues too and my doctor said the meds for ADHD and meds for psychosis counteract.

SunshineEmma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2018, 5:01 am

My ADHD went unnoticed for a long time, it wasn't until i was in secondary school when I got diagnosed with it.