Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 1:27 am

My moods can change so suddenly and by things that are usually quite trivial. I've been feeling depressed since Monday because I had a huge meltdown in public after grocery shopping because the cab took so long to arrive. And then only a while ago I make the mistake of clicking on a link someone posted on WP that took me to a "news" article about doctors admitting that vaccines do cause autism they've just been keeping it a secret and the article called autism a brain injury and other things I couldn't read because I was shaking and crying and miserable all over again. I didn't go out for supper with my mom yesterday because I was felt awful and slept most of the afternoon.

Before I was diagnosed with Asperger's I thought I might have bipolar II but the staff at the home I was in just thought I was making excuses for my bad behavior. I'm lucky to even be diagnosed with Asperger's at all, and in spite of all the psychiatrists I've seen over the years the only thing they diagnosed me with was schizophrenia form disorder when I was around 13 and it turned out to be inaccurate but I've been messed up in the head for years so who knows?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 7:02 am

I think one of the key traits with BP II is hypomania , have you had hypomania?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2019, 12:39 pm

There's nothing obvious in your post that suggests Bipolar II. As SaveFerris says, have you ever had any episodes of hypomania? There is lots of information on this website about the grey area between Bipolar I and Unipolar Depression.

https://psycheducation.org/diagnosis/

ManaLDN
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2019, 5:07 pm

Let me ask about the same:

My low phases look similar, and often I feel upbeat before or after - and the after thing looks like I drank my depression, laughter at any reason, excitement over small things... Years ago I would have irregular counselling meetings just because I felt alright for a while and after that, depressive all the way. The weird thing is that the low phase becomes longer and more frequent with time.

What else may it be?