Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CollegeGirlAnon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Feb 2021, 3:32 pm

And to be clear, I love America.

And I am an American.

However, I am also realistic and skeptical in general.

What matters is behavior.

Avatar is Lydia from Breaking Bad. I do have a lot of Jesse in me though. See profile info, I don't PM much and I have boundaries around it.

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2021, 4:01 pm

No, actually, I was just keeping what you said in context: nothing more :) I have zero issue where anyone comes from--at all! Perhaps you meant to say one thing, but it came out differently than perhaps what you intended: I noticed some of your statements had no segue from one idea to the other...

DIVAIR

CollegeGirlAnon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Feb 2021, 4:52 pm

DIVAIR wrote:
No, actually, I was just keeping what you said in context: nothing more :) I have zero issue where anyone comes from--at all! Perhaps you meant to say one thing, but it came out differently than perhaps what you intended: I noticed some of your statements had no segue from one idea to the other...

DIVAIR

Ok, that is your perspective.

I have mine.

We each have different ways of looking at things. I look at what you say differently than someone else.

Avatar is Lydia from Breaking Bad. I do have a lot of Jesse in me though. See profile info, I don't PM much and I have boundaries around it.

CollegeGirlAnon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Feb 2021, 4:55 pm

I am willing to consider that maybe what I said came out differently then I intended.

I wonder if you are willing to consider the same?

Or if you are willing to consider that there could be more then two ways to interpret what I said.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 5:43 pm

Fnord wrote:
Top Ten Warning Signs of a Cult Leader.

10. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

9. Followers feel the need to prove they are "good enough".

8. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

7. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

6. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

5. The group/leader is always correct -- everyone else is wrong.

4. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is acceptable or credible.

3. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

2. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

1. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies, and persecutions.

•••

[b]Top ten Warning Signs of People Involved in a Cult or With a Cult Leader.

10. A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.

9. Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.

8. Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.

7. Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.

6. Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They cannot be trusted and personal contact is avoided.

5. Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supersede any personal goals or individual interests.

4. Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.

3. Individual identity, the group, and the cult leader as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused -- as that person's involvement in the cult and with the cult leader continues and deepens.

2. Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.

1. Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "oppression" and/or "persecution".[/b]

I just realized something while reading about the tactics of spousal abusers -- they are very much like cult leaders!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 8:10 pm

CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
What I would say is both extreme political sides, left and right, can be cult like.

I hate Trump tho.

Agreed, and agreed. 8)

Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. "Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions." I didn't say that. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

THERE WILL BE NO COUP IN AMERICA!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 8:15 pm

CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
DIVAIR wrote:
CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
The left if you look into it has some totalitarian aspects. Especially if you look outside of the US.

I used to be a Republican in high school. And I have even at times identified as an anarchist.

Basically both sides have history with science and how they use it.

Please give me an example of how, in the U.S., the "left" have been as you say, "totalitarian" and how they've had issues with science?

Apart form those horrible pieces of ca-ca FDR and JFK, I'm hard pressed: they were the exception, as opposed to in general.

DIVAIR

Please re-read what I actually said.

I made no claims that the US left was one way or another towards science.

You almost seem to want to say and/or believe that the US left (and I am aware they are not leftists) are 100% good. Or almost 100% good.

I don’t go with extreme claims that one side is good or bad. Both sides have the potential to be.

Being “hard pressed” btw means little to me.

You can choose to believe what you want.

Agreed. 8)

Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. "Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions." I didn't say that. Honey badger.

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

CollegeGirlAnon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Feb 2021, 8:24 pm

Pepe wrote:
CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
DIVAIR wrote:
CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
The left if you look into it has some totalitarian aspects. Especially if you look outside of the US.

I used to be a Republican in high school. And I have even at times identified as an anarchist.

Please give me an example of how, in the U.S., the "left" have been as you say, "totalitarian" and how they've had issues with science?

Apart form those horrible pieces of ca-ca FDR and JFK, I'm hard pressed: they were the exception, as opposed to in general.

DIVAIR

You almost seem to want to say and/or believe that the US left (and I am aware they are not leftists) are 100% good. Or almost 100% good.

I don’t go with extreme claims that one side is good or bad. Both sides have the potential to be.

Agreed. 8)

Thank you!!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 8:28 pm

DIVAIR wrote:
No, I actually did read what you wrote, several times, within the context of your previous post: it can be interpreted two different ways.

And, no, if you read what I wrote, I'm not saying that people who consider themselves "left" in the States are 100% good, that is anything but the case. What I was putting into context of Fnord's argument was/is that the current state of the Republican party is trapped in a "Cult of Personality":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality

If you look at all of Donald Trumps policies they are quite literally Fascist:

*ALL*?
Isn't that a tad 'binary'?

DIVAIR wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

One of Fascism's ideals is there is always a "good old days"

Ironically, that is what the older Russians say about the U.S.S.R.
But I agree that some Republicans feel that America is moving away from the traditional American values.

Contrary to you, I have the impression the left of American politics has been moving further to the left, in recent years.
I hope you don't use the argument that: I am not an American so I don't have the right to give an opinion? ;)

DIVAIR wrote:
and that there is always a group people who have destroyed that more wholesome way of life: blame the blacks, Asians, Muslims, Latin Americans LGBTQ...

Please look at the fact that the GOP is/was so terrified of what Trump would do if he was in any way held accountable by the rest of his party. Trump, after tear-gassing friendly protesters, had ordered that the National Guard be prepared to use bayonets on them. Or, how the GOP removed USPS mail boxes to keep people from voting against their party. In all of my 55-years I can't recall things like this ever happening: and apart from FDR and JFK, I am very hard pressed to think of any Democrat who had allowed thing like this to happen because their delusions and massive ego.

Yep, in hindsight, Trump was a mistake.
Well, he is out now, and the disunity he is causing in his own party will mean the republicans probably won't win the next election.

Look on the bright side.
The Democrats can thank Trump for that. :mrgreen:

DIVAIR wrote:
The Republican party is more than likely going to reform into two other parties because all too many people realize they let things get way too out of hand.

If I may, I'd say I think you are right about that. 8)

And one more thing,

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 8:30 pm

CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
Pepe wrote:
CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
DIVAIR wrote:
CollegeGirlAnon wrote:

DIVAIR

Agreed. 8)

Thank you!!

I find this binary belief that all 'x' is bad, and all 'y' is good, intriguing. 8)

And one more thing,

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 8:35 pm

CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
And to be clear, I love America.

And I am an American.

However, I am also realistic and skeptical in general.

To be clear, I'm an Australian and I want America to be both economically and militarily strong! :salut:

And one more thing,