Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 9:14 pm

Can you be legally sane, even if there was evidence of psychosis during the nature of crimes?

For example: You are legally sane, but you had some kind of Delusion of grandeur that made you have false believe that by killing three people in different locations made you have power.

I am worried that mental defense is way too strict and you should not have to be legally insane just to go to psychiatric word. Because you can still know from right and wrong but have impulsivity that may have lead you to commit crimes with no fault of your own, that is caused by some kind of mental disorder, in some cases Autism Spectrum Disorder, Psychosis or low IQ.

However, murder is rare in cases of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Psychosis or low IQ. Studies show that most people with Autism Spectrum Disorder, psychosis and low IQ or mixed of the same conditions are less likely to commit crimes and are ten times more likely to be victims than being criminals themselves. Criminality is more related to some specific conduct, personality and paraphilic disorders and personality disorders with psychotic features.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 8:48 pm

I've only been in true psychosis a couple of times...
It's like your dreaming while your awake, odd thoughts, hallucinations, delusions etc... appear and they seem so real you can't tell them from reality. You really don't know what you're doing in this state.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 9:03 pm

It makes sense.