Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2021, 8:37 pm

My family and I will be staying at a hotel because we are dropping my brother off for an early morning flight. My parents almost did not want me to go but then they realized I should probably go. They are worried though. I hear them talking about it. Its a long drive as well. They worry about me leaving the room. Also the last time we went to a hotel we got noise complaints and I was left alone in the hotel room because my sister and I were sharing a room and she left to go to the vending machine. I was having a bit of a spiritual experience and I wrote people notes and left it under doors.

They are arguing about whether I should go or stay in respite care. I really want to go because I do not like respite care. The last time I went I threw up and I couldn't sleep at all. I also felt like they didnt want me back because I was hard to deal with.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:07 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
My family and I will be staying at a hotel because we are dropping my brother off for an early morning flight. My parents almost did not want me to go but then they realized I should probably go. They are worried though. I hear them talking about it. Its a long drive as well. They worry about me leaving the room. Also the last time we went to a hotel we got noise complaints and I was left alone in the hotel room because my sister and I were sharing a room and she left to go to the vending machine. I was having a bit of a spiritual experience and I wrote people notes and left it under doors.

They are arguing about whether I should go or stay in respite care. I really want to go because I do not like respite care. The last time I went I threw up and I couldn't sleep at all. I also felt like they didnt want me back because I was hard to deal with.

Well maybe it would be a good idea to take your meds during the trip? Seems from some of your recent posts even though you may not feel good about taking the medication right now, it might be for the better. Like does the medication reduce any of what they see as problematic behavior?

Then maybe like after the trip, if you still feel the medication is unpleasant to take maybe you could talk to your parents and mental health professionals you see about looking into a different medication if you don't like the way the one you are taking effects you. And idk can you try to self regulate enough, not to leave the room at night? Your parents are probably worried about it because they worry you could get hurt if you just wander off from the hotel at night.

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2021, 9:29 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:

Well maybe it would be a good idea to take your meds during the trip? Seems from some of your recent posts even though you may not feel good about taking the medication right now, it might be for the better. Like does the medication reduce any of what they see as problematic behavior?

Then maybe like after the trip, if you still feel the medication is unpleasant to take maybe you could talk to your parents and mental health professionals you see about looking into a different medication if you don't like the way the one you are taking effects you. And idk can you try to self regulate enough, not to leave the room at night? Your parents are probably worried about it because they worry you could get hurt if you just wander off from the hotel at night.

I try to take my medication but it doesn't feel right and I spit it out. Also I dont feel like taking it if not taking it makes me feel really good. It does make me calm but the numbness isn't worth it.

Im scared to talk about medication. Its a complicated topic. I dont know how I feel half the time to be honest. I have a hard time recognizing my feelings and I struggle to communicate my thoughts. I will try not to leave the room. I told them that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:41 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:

I try to take my medication but it doesn't feel right and I spit it out. Also I dont feel like taking it if not taking it makes me feel really good. It does make me calm but the numbness isn't worth it.

Im scared to talk about medication. Its a complicated topic. I dont know how I feel half the time to be honest. I have a hard time recognizing my feelings and I struggle to communicate my thoughts. I will try not to leave the room. I told them that.

I get what you mean about the numbness, but at least for this trip it just might be better to deal with it and take the meds. Just because if you are calmer, it will be easier for you to stay safe on the trip. But for sure if the medication feels wrong or bad you should talk to your parents and doctors about if they might be able to find you a better medication that is not so numbing.

But for sure on one hand I get your parents concern, but on the other hand does seem like they should involve you more with discussions about it and things. Like does kind of sound like you're in a situation where they aren't really paying attention to you or really hearing what you have to say, and that must be really frustrating.

I mean if I am not mistaking you have finished highschool, so you're not a child anymore...but they are kind of treating you like one.

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2021, 12:26 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:

I get what you mean about the numbness, but at least for this trip it just might be better to deal with it and take the meds. Just because if you are calmer, it will be easier for you to stay safe on the trip. But for sure if the medication feels wrong or bad you should talk to your parents and doctors about if they might be able to find you a better medication that is not so numbing.

But for sure on one hand I get your parents concern, but on the other hand does seem like they should involve you more with discussions about it and things. Like does kind of sound like you're in a situation where they aren't really paying attention to you or really hearing what you have to say, and that must be really frustrating.

I mean if I am not mistaking you have finished highschool, so you're not a child anymore...but they are kind of treating you like one.

I have decided to pack my medication. I have told people about how the medication makes me feel. They said as long as I wasn't restless or anxious, it was fine. It just makes me feel the same moods a lot and apparently that's normal. Honestly if I could I would decide to just not take any medication because I feel uncomfortable talking to a psychiatrist. I had a psychiatrist tell me I did not look like someone who would do meth after I said I did not do meth. The same psychiatrist told me I did not look Autistic or Schizophrenic so I must be very high functioning.

Yeah, I wish my parents would involve me more. They try to sometimes but it doesn't go well because they think my views are unreasonable. Sometimes they say I am immature. I do not know how to act the way they want me to. We get along a lot though, like yesterday I hung out. I don't always do that. I feel like If I could keep myself from getting angry they would include me more.

I have finished high school. I agree, they do treat me like a child. I feel a bit weird about it but I do not know how to change it.