Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Oct 2021, 11:52 pm

I’m born again and have the Holy Spirit in me always and will never leave God or Jesus, but recently I been getting ringing in my ears and gusts of wind out of nowhere. Earlier a bottle of water flavoring fell straight from somewhere into my drinking cup. Then I was reminded how even before I was born again all my life this certain presence has always followed me around. Whenever I pray for all evil spirits and energy to depart from me, they all do but this being/feeling just keeps coming back eventually. No matter what medications I’m on or what prayers I get, it always comes back and never leaves me, I feel as if there’s someone else with me following me but I know it’s just that same being, I don’t know if I have some diagnosis I don’t know about or am mentally unstable and don’t realize it. It sends out a comforting vibe and always has a feeling of love with it. It never told me to do anything bad and actually tells me to honor God and keep serving him. but I’m afraid of just the fact I know something is there that I can’t see or there’s something wrong with me. I don’t know whether to see an exorcist or just label myself as permanently brain damaged. But whatever it is I’m very scared and I need it resolved somehow. Suggestions? I’m all out of ideas and have done all I can. Now is where I give up and seek help and opinions.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Oct 2021, 3:23 am

Maybe you find this useful: https://www.ignatianspirituality.com/ma ... f-spirits/
Our culture doesn't give us much resources for navigating spiritual world, it patologizes everything extraordinary - but we still can learn from people who did navigate spiritual world, avoiding its dangers.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Oct 2021, 6:44 pm

Thank you so much for the link, if it’s a good spirit I hope it proves it but if it’s bad I hope it’ll flee from me and never return. I only listen to God and good spirits :D

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 9:25 am

Look, if you're getting comfort from something and it's not doing you or anyone else any harm and it's helping you then you should just embrace it.

What ever it is sounds wonderful.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 9:40 am

Ghostly presences -- the feeling of someone near you when there’s no one there -- could be down to your brain trying to make sense of conflicting information.  For the first time, the brain regions involved in such hallucinations have been identified -- and a ghost presence induced in healthy people.

The work sheds light on why some people with conditions such as schizophrenia and epilepsy feel an alien presence nearby, and may also explain why mountain climbers often report being accompanied by the presence of what’s called "the third man".

[...]

Source:
 This New Scientist Article 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Oct 2021, 4:45 pm

Babybird and Fnord thank you 2 as well for your answers too