Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

apex116
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2021, 4:51 am

Do people think you are delusional as they are in fact the ones who are deluded.

For example, there is no objective evidence to state that you are deluded; however, the other side has an unshakeable belief that you are deluded - They lack insight.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Dec 2021, 4:58 am

My misdiagnosis was largely based on something like this - the doc interpreted my summary of life history (like, PhD studies in theoretical physics) as delusions of grandiose and everything I said later was interpreted through these lens :/
I wouldn't say he was delusional - I would say he was dead-set in his biases.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

apex116
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2021, 5:01 am

So massaging their own ego?

apex116
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2021, 5:05 am

Problems of the mind - More like grandiose delusions of mind-reading.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Dec 2021, 5:11 am

apex116 wrote:
So massaging their own ego?

I don't know and I don't care.
I'm glad I'm now out of the crap he'd shoved me into and I don't want to look back too much.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 7:31 am

This doctor was one dumb doctor….especially if he/she had a PhD.

apex116
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2021, 7:50 am

I think it was magz who has the PhD, credit to Them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 7:59 am

Anybody who diagnoses schizophrenia has to have, at least, a doctorate.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Dec 2021, 8:16 am

I never finished my PhD.
But I'm alive. Mentally healthy enough. Struggling and coping person, not mismedicated suffering vegetable that resulted from my misdiagnosis.
I was lucky enough to get out of that crap but it left me wondering how many people didn't.

apex116
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2021, 1:35 pm

I'm glad to hear you made it out alive where many didn't.

I'm looking at trying to lead a successful anti-psychiatry movement to stop this inquisition led by organisations such as Autism Speaks who aims to pathologize those who don't conform to their norm.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 11:27 am

apex116 wrote:
Do people think you are delusional as they are in fact the ones who are deluded.

For example, there is no objective evidence to state that you are deluded; however, the other side has an unshakeable belief that you are deluded - They lack insight.

Often, people are misled by manipulators who misrepresent situations and who are capable of pulling many, many strings, of many people. And the people they are leading - feed off of it, as it reaffirms their own beliefs, even if it is contrary to hard evidence.

It is how leaders of mobs have minions running around going crazy, torching people and places down. They know how to push their buttons, what to say etc. They may have no limits or boundaries to their decadence.

If one person is peaceful - and the other person is consistently riling people up over a number of years, then you know who is the problem.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 12:30 pm

"I am not delusional, you are" is is something that a delusional person might say.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Dec 2021, 12:40 pm

I'm not really anti-psychiatry. I think psychiatry needs some kind of Copernican revolution - getting from symptom-focused DSM to understanding underlying mechanisms - but it's not easy to communicate languages of neurology, psychology and medicine into one system.
I think advocacy for psychiatric patients' laws and progress in understanding psychiatric issues should go hand to hand.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 12:43 pm

magz wrote:
... I think advocacy for psychiatric patients' laws and progress in understanding psychiatric issues should go hand to hand.
Agreed.  However, the people best qualified for this task of consolidation are the psychiatrists themselves.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 1:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
"I am not delusional, you are" is is something that a delusional person might say.

This. The only way to verify reality is via empirical methods really, to gain a sense of objectivity.

Tangible records of events are key, such as medical records that show whether a person is capable of something.

For example, if a person has no arms & another person claims that they punched them, you know that they are lying.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 1:13 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
This. The only way to verify reality is via empirical methods really, to gain a sense of objectivity.  Tangible records of events are key, such as medical records that show whether a person is capable of something.  For example, if a person has no arms & another person claims that they punched them, you know that they are lying.
Agreed.  To claim equivalency with G^D -- or to claim to be G^D -- is the penultimate lie, and implies ultimate delusion.

However, there is a place for faith, as well; and even though faith itself proves nothing, is can embolden and inspire people to great accomplishments ... as well as to heinous crimes against humanity.