Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Dec 2022, 3:54 pm

I don't know what I feel but it's not pleasant. I am trying to listen to music to feel better. I feel just so unmotivated lately. I want to get up and do things. I just feel so overwhelmed. I just want to lay in bed. But that makes me feel worse but getting up is it's own thing. I do not know how to communicate how I feel.

I want to take care of myself but that's hard. I feel overwhelmed by getting dressed. Lately ive just been putting things on that are easy to put on and take off. I dislike getting out of the shower. I have to do a lot. I just like the hot water. I really just want to sleep a lot honestly.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 4:08 pm

If your body feels like sleeping then it is a good idea to sleep. Itncould be physical where the body needs rest, or it could be emotional or mental where one needs a rest.

This is what I can think of at this time, though some medications, or deprsssion or allergies or even a passing virus can cause one to need to rest.

Quantum duck
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2022, 7:06 am

Crystal, that sounds like depression or burn out.

I just spent a week in the bottom of that. It sucks. Have you had a lot of extra demands on you lately? How is the weather (do you generally notice the weather)? Have you been eating healthy food? Were you sleeping less than normal before this? Did something bad happen to you recently? All those things can effect how you feel, and different causes have different solutions.

Sometimes if you live with someone else they can help you with the getting out of bed thing.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 10:17 am

crystal1414

disclaimer: i am not a doctor or anything like that, nor do i play one on tv. (although i was a professional actor for three months, a couple years ago.)

it could be plenty of things. example: executive functioning disorder, clinical depression, anxiety. it could me an undiagnosed medical condition.

going to a counselor could "help" or "hurt" your situation. some counselors are better than others. some counselors just put on a farce/facade and have good/bad acting skills. saying "you need counseling" is like saying "you need to eat". it is not specific enough, because some people are allergic to some foods, some foods are poisoned/rotten/not nutritious. and et cetera.

counselors and physicians are humans and they have subconscious biases just like everyone else. some counselors and physicians have psychiatric diagnoses or felony convictions. nobody is perfect. however, counselors are physicians are trained professionals.

for a long time, i have felt unmotivated. mostly, fear of failure. the effort does not appear worth it. (whether the effort is worth it, depends on values and priorities. that is completely subjective.) cost benefit analysis.

if you want to sleep a lot, you could be physically tired, or emotionally and mentally tired. sleeping too little or too much makes people feel worse than sleeping the correct amount. not everyone needs the same amount of sleep.

sometimes, it just feels like every slightest thing takes too much time, cash, and energy, and other resources. the result is not guaranteed. even if i succeed at something, it's like "whooptie do". then what?

some people have made good use of Freedom of Speech and called me "lazy". however, sometimes, things are not the way they appear.

also, (effort, efficiency, outcome). no matter how much effort you put into something, if your efficiency is low or zero, your outcome will also be low or zero. so, it is good to increase the efficiency, in addition to increasing the effort. for some things, like schoolwork and some jobs, there are more efficient ways to do it, and less efficient ways to do it. however, for things such as getting dressed and showering, there are only so many different ways to do it.

for a long time, i have felt wounded. since before 12, drastically waited for and wanted a "knight in shining armor" to rescue my worthless useless incompetent inadequate hateful hopeless traumatized inferior corpse. some people, sometimes, have "helped" or "hurt" me. good intentions are not always successful. however, all things equal, good intentions are better than bad intentions. sometimes, someone tries to "help" and they "hurt". they are protected by the Good Samaritan Act, in instances of incurring unpaid medical bills. however, you can't measure the quality of your "life". the quality of your "life" depends on many factors, some of which you cannot control or even predict correctly. not all impacts are immediate, physical, visible, obvious, or common sense. sometimes, something appears good, and it is bad. sometimes, something appears bad, and it is good. you can't measure quality or morality.