Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 9:38 pm

The way I had Freguli-like expirences from my early childhood, is when I had profound symptoms of Prosopagnosia, when I saw everyone's faces, it looks like dark web mask, thought, and misidentified my family with others, because I thought that they are all the same.

I was aware that that I had severe developmental problems and was self-aware of Fregoli-like expirences throughout my childhood.

I knew that my beliefs were false, but my belief was still fixed, and sometimes misidentified my family with others, but I kept it to myself, because I knew that I would come off as strange.

I have been wondering. If it wasn't a delusion, I don't know what else to call it, because what I had is similar to Fregoli-like experiences.

I did have a little bit of anosognosia, but not to severe extent.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2022, 5:52 am

it seems like you are doing a great job of sorting things out, I applaud you for this, self understanding is so helpful when adjusting/ making accommodations in life to make it better.

You are taking your history apart bit by bit and growing by leaps and bounds. I can see it in your posts.
Cheering you on. I wish I had been able to do this at a young age, but its never too late. Best wishes!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2022, 8:39 am

Hay, thanks! :D

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2022, 10:36 pm

I used to have Fregoli delusion in the past, but I was still self-aware that it was a fixed false belief. How is if possible that I hallucinated that everyone is the same person, but was aware that it is false?

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 9:41 pm

Having a history of neurodevelopmental Prosopagnosia symptom feels related to Fregoli Syndrome. Having a history of trouble reading faces and everyone felt the same to me.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2023, 12:10 am

Having Fregoli-like beliefs was scary, people and also environments looked the same. It's just creepy.

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2023, 3:32 am

FranzOren wrote:
I used to have Fregoli delusion in the past, but I was still self-aware that it was a fixed false belief. How is if possible that I hallucinated that everyone is the same person, but was aware that it is false?

Otherwise rational People travel hundreds of miles to stand on the side of a highway to pray to a billboard that has a shadow on it that does NOT look like "The Virgin Mary"

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2023, 9:37 am

mrpieceofwork wrote:
FranzOren wrote:

Otherwise rational People travel hundreds of miles to stand on the side of a highway to pray to a billboard that has a shadow on it that does NOT look like "The Virgin Mary"

What do you mean by that?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2023, 11:25 am

fyi : sometimes people who post can be smart-alecs....long ago in a olden chatsite far ,far away from here .
sometimes i could be extremely good at that, only if confronted by another smart alec . but as I aged as a Aspie
I grew to understand before I came here ,that this might not be good behaviour for this type of site . . . Some people want to share here,to help getting understanding for themselves.( and maybe others) :nerdy:

where ever you go ,there you are

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2023, 11:44 am

What I mean is it is not particularly "odd" or "mysterious" that you experienced the disorder in your youth, as "normal' people, ALL OF US, have been hard wired through evolution to "see" faces in things where there are none. I forget the term, but it is a known phenomenon. That said, I made the "religious" or "spiritual" "phenomenon reference to show that the "face seeing" is so "strong" it can compel even ordinary "normal" people to do extraordinary things, and further, I wanted to show you that it is counter-productive to worry about "figuring out why" you had to go through your experiences with that disorder, when it is just one of the myriad weird crap Human's brains are capable of producing. IOW, there's nothing "wrong" with what happened to you, so just roll with it. There are much more pressing issues in your day to day life that you must tend to, I am sure.

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"