Page 36 of 39 [ 623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,377
Location: UK

09 Jun 2024, 11:00 am

I don't know how to cry me

I can sometimes feel it coming and it feels a bit like a sad sneeze but then it gets as far as my nose and I just don't know how to get past that part so it'll come out of my eyes

When I saw my therapist I tried making myself cry by poking my finger in my eye but he stopped me from doing it so now I just don't know how to do it


_________________
We have existence


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

09 Jun 2024, 11:05 am

babybird wrote:
I wonder is there more mental illness these days than there used to be


I imagine that awareness of mental health issues and the reduction of mental health stigma would make it seem as though more people are openly mentally ill. Who knows what the real figures are though?



Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,985
Location: ᜆᜄᜎᜓᜄ᜔

09 Jun 2024, 12:35 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
babybird wrote:
I wonder is there more mental illness these days than there used to be


I imagine that awareness of mental health issues and the reduction of mental health stigma would make it seem as though more people are openly mentally ill. Who knows what the real figures are though?

I just hope it also means or leads to true knowledge and discernment.

Like, unpleasant normal human reactions are normal human reactions -- not some taboo, a personality flaw, or automatically exaggerated as mental illness because of the wrong ideas about what mentally healthy looks like. :o


_________________
Gained Number Post Count (1).
Lose Time (n).

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,776
Location: Outter Quadrant

09 Jun 2024, 1:35 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
babybird wrote:
I wonder is there more mental illness these days than there used to be


I imagine that awareness of mental health issues and the reduction of mental health stigma would make it seem as though more people are openly mentally ill. Who knows what the real figures are though?

I just hope it also means or leads to true knowledge and discernment.

Like, unpleasant normal human reactions are normal human reactions -- not some taboo, a personality flaw, or automatically exaggerated as mental illness because of the wrong ideas about what mentally healthy looks like. :o


Unfortunately this rush to judgement is currently what the medical system is built on now....triage...on the the next money making patient for the Doctors..then even after a proper diagnosis, You may find that your opinion about anything you feel , might be " disqualified" for your own protection. Regardless of how real you feel your situation is. Once they have that in your records ..Later on if you were not properly diagnosed,you have to go through a maize of paperwork to
make it appear that you have recovered from your mental illness.
Then if there is any legal people involved ,they might use your previous diagnosis to impune the quality of your opinion on any legal matter. :( .....
Then it seems there migh be a big push to get everybody Diagnosed with mental health issues. So if it ever comes to your opinion versus any Public Safety Employee. Your opinion will be of less consequence to a presiding judge.
As time passes , if you were to remove peoples right to vote..People with recorded Mental Health issues. Their votes could be disqualified ..These are just my own concerns based on what I have seen in regards with "authority figures" vs
any mentally incapacitated persons. IMHO


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,377
Location: UK

09 Jun 2024, 1:47 pm

I worked out a really cool way of overcoming phobias and anxiety the other week when I was high but I can't remember it now


_________________
We have existence


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

09 Jun 2024, 1:49 pm

babybird wrote:
I worked out a really cool way of overcoming phobias and anxiety the other week when I was high but I can't remember it now


The fleeting nature of insights whilst a person is high.... :lol:



ocean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jul 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,609

09 Jun 2024, 2:02 pm

babybird wrote:
I worked out a really cool way of overcoming phobias and anxiety the other week when I was high but I can't remember it now


Image


_________________
so whether if its violence or a question of peace


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,377
Location: UK

09 Jun 2024, 2:06 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
babybird wrote:
I worked out a really cool way of overcoming phobias and anxiety the other week when I was high but I can't remember it now


The fleeting nature of insights whilst a person is high.... :lol:


Well yeah. I can sort of remember it now but it doesn't seem as ingenious as it did when I thought of it back then

Theres no way I'm gonna share it now :lol:


_________________
We have existence


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,377
Location: UK

09 Jun 2024, 2:09 pm

Pothead psychology :lol:


_________________
We have existence


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,776
Location: Outter Quadrant

09 Jun 2024, 8:05 pm

babybird wrote:
Pothead psychology :lol:


People gotta do what they gotta do to get by Sometimes.. :mrgreen: :jester:


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,377
Location: UK

10 Jun 2024, 9:51 am

I'm slowly coming round to accepting that I am actually literally in hell

I mean I'm ok about it I suppose and at least I know where I stand now and I suppose it's easy in a way


_________________
We have existence


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,377
Location: UK

10 Jun 2024, 9:52 am

You get no breaks in hell

It's just an eternal arse f*****g


_________________
We have existence


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,377
Location: UK

10 Jun 2024, 9:55 am

Perpetual constant never f*****g ending rogering


_________________
We have existence


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,377
Location: UK

10 Jun 2024, 10:30 am

The very mechanism that has kept me surviving all of these years is the very mechanism that also f***s everything up

This I need to work on


_________________
We have existence


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,377
Location: UK

10 Jun 2024, 10:46 am

I was like an animal when I was in work

I didn't even know I was sick

It's really hard for me to think about maybe having to go back into such an environment in the future because I'm s**t scared of it happening again

My shrink says there's no way really of testing if I'm better unless I went back into that environment but he agrees that it might be too dangerous for me and for other people if I did go back


_________________
We have existence


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,377
Location: UK

12 Jun 2024, 3:26 am

I wonder what things I learnt when I'm away

I always feel like I come back as a new person


_________________
We have existence