Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Matt7384
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jun 2024, 7:57 pm

Hey,

Just wondering, what are your experience with panic attacks, what usually triggers them for you or are they idiopathic? Thanks in advance

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2024, 8:09 pm

I have PTSD, so my panic attacks are usually due to being triggered by something related to trauma - a sound, smell, or something I saw on TV, especially on the news, or read about. Feeling like I am powerless in a situation can do it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2024, 8:24 pm

Matt7384 wrote:
What are your experience of panic attacks?
Getting stuck in a downtown Manila traffic jam with six other people in the van pointing in different directions and yelling at me how to drive, and none of them is speaking pure English.

Blessedly, the seventh person was a former jeepney driver, and got us out of their before I really lost it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2024, 4:17 pm

I tend to have bad ones. I sometimes can't feel my hands, I start sweating, and I feel like I can't breathe. They're triggered by paranoid thoughts. I'll start thinking I'm being followed or stalked. I will start shaking and unable to feel safe.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2024, 5:01 pm

- Claustrophobia

If I'm entering into a situation where the exit isn't clear or the room is very small and enclosed. Especially if someone touches me unexpectedly whilst I'm in this situation.

- When I'm extremely stressed and under pressure

If I'm so stressed that I can't eat or sleep properly, there's a good chance a panic attack is on the way.

Thankfully I haven't experienced an attack for a year now.

25. Near the spectrum but not on it.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2024, 8:28 am

What I thought were panic attacks have turned out to be sensory issues, most of the time.

I have gotten major anxiety over arguments and conflict. One time I had to go to work in the midst of an online conflict, and it resulted in a 4 hour panic attack. Terrible day. I ended up hiding in the cash office trying to calm down for most o the shift, which.... people were snitching on me for that. Telling the boss I wasn't doing my job.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD