Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

code-e
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2010, 11:44 pm

I wish I knew what was wrong with me.

Sometimes when I think of certian people, I think that they're reading my thoughts. I have tried to get rid of it but I cant.

I don't know if it's schizophrenia or not. I don't hear voices, I don't see things. Only the fear of people reading my thoughts.

There is this one girl I like but when I think of her, I think she is actually hearing what I am saying.

What do I have? Anything wrong with me?

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2010, 12:20 am

Sometimes I think of strange things like that, and act them out in an OCD fashion. But I don't really believe any of it.

But they do not have me

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2010, 8:29 am

I have personal experience with this.

Sometimes when I'm walking along on the street, I think people in cars are judging me. Sometime I think that cat looks at me as if to say, "I know what you did".

very small doses of Risperdal and some DBT later, I don't feel that as much.

It got pretty bad after watching The Truman Show.

Malisha
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Dec 2010, 7:35 pm

It could be a Personality Disorder. They come in all flavors, including paranoid. Thinking that people can hear your thoughts is a delusion, not a hallucination. There's difference. There's always a chance of schizophrenia or another more severe cause of delusional thinking, but I'd seek medical advice. If it's bad enough and seriously impairing your functioning, please do so.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 5:09 am

Merry xmas you have either a personality disorder or Schitzophrenia, thats just how to cheer someone up :lol:

code-e
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2010, 1:35 pm

w00t

shibashaba
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jan 2011, 9:39 pm

depression can cause paranoid thoughts too

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 11:48 am

Could be severe stress. I had a psychotic episode once from severe stress (and med side effects). it started with mild paranoia. it lasted 2 years then was gone and never returned.

It is not talked about enough but it is true. allot of people who have a bout of psychosis often recover and it never returns.

Doesn't mean your crazy, it just means your mind cant take the stress so it takes a vacation so to speak. or that's how i view it.

It may not be whats happening to you. because often people who have psychotic episodes often dont know anything is wrong till after they recover.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 8:43 pm

That's a delusion... one I've had in the past. Hallucinations aren't beliefs, they're false perceptions. It could be a symptom of "psychotic depression", or schizoaffective disorder, or bipolar. You need to see a doctor and talk about what's going on. Quite possibly it's something temporary... but I would seek help. (Speaking from my own experience.)

user1001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2011, 8:24 pm

I feel like that to. I sometimes think that people can easily tell my emotions and stuff like that. I have no Idea how they do this.