Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Do you have ADHD?
Yes 60%  60%  [ 70 ]
No 16%  16%  [ 19 ]
Maybe so 23%  23%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 116

Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 568
Location: Kern County, CA

03 Oct 2010, 12:22 pm

I have ADHD. I take 54mg of methylphenidate and it works wonderfully! What are your experiences with ADHD (if you even have it)?



Azolet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 3 Aug 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 351
Location: Bababooeyland

03 Oct 2010, 12:30 pm

I have the inattentive form of ADHD. I took Ritalin for, like, a day, but it made me really jittery and I felt like I was on crack (not that I would know what that is like, but you get my point...). I am now on Vyvanse, and it has worked wonders!



alex
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2004
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,159
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

03 Oct 2010, 12:33 pm

I was diagnosed with ADHD. I used to take Adderall but have stopped recently.


_________________
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alexplank

Personal FB: http://fb.me/alexplank1


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 24,411
Location: Pacific Northwest

03 Oct 2010, 12:37 pm

I have ADD and was on pills for it for two years before they messed me up.



Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Apr 2009
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,187

03 Oct 2010, 12:44 pm

I was diagnosed with ADD Primarily Inattentive at age 45 so I spent most of my life wondering why I was so lazy and stupid when I

really didn't want to be. I have been on a variety of meds which helped but didn't take away the core problem. I was recently put on

Geodon, which is similar to Abilify and I see a huge difference. The Geodon is supposed to help the Zoloft that I'm on and the NP

was thinking my problems came from still suffering with mild depression and that was the cause of my problems. I don't know, it

just goes to show how all these things flow together.



Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 568
Location: Kern County, CA

03 Oct 2010, 12:51 pm

Azolet wrote:
I have the inattentive form of ADHD. I took Ritalin for, like, a day, but it made me really jittery and I felt like I was on crack (not that I would know what that is like, but you get my point...). I am now on Vyvanse, and it has worked wonders!

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is structurally very similar to methamphetamine (Crystal Meth) but has actions that are almost identical to cocain. Methylphenidate has been called "Kiddie Coke". Because of its low price, availability, and less addictive symptoms, it is a commonly abused drug in high school. That probably explains why you felt like you were on crack.

http://tinyurl.com/253uhh7



kip
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,166
Location: Somewhere out there...

03 Oct 2010, 2:40 pm

I'm actually just starting out on medication for ADHD. Right now doc's getting me on Celexa cause of the hyper anxiety, says it should help. Day 4 and it seems to, but won't know for sure for a while. It does calm down the 'gotta move gotta do, cain't think, come back thought!' mentality I had going on, and anything that can help with that I'm all for.

It's an SSRI antidepressant, but it's got good marks on being used for adult ADHD, especially those who have a lot of anxiety symptoms and borderline mania.


_________________
Every time you think you've made it idiot proof, someone comes along and invents a better idiot.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot


Sean_91
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 9 May 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 156
Location: Colorado

03 Oct 2010, 6:09 pm

I was diagnosed with both ADHD and Asperger's when I was two. I take adderall for the ADHD.



pgd
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,624

03 Oct 2010, 7:06 pm

Who here has ADHD?

Was born with ADHD Inattentive including central auditory processing disorder. For me, the old medicine, coffee - caffeine compounds, work better than Ritalin/other stronger stimulants to temporarily reduce some ADHD symptoms a little (not a cure).

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/adhd/adhd.htm
http://www.ericdigests.org/2003-5/auditory.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alertness
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention

http://www.rsna.org/rsna/media/pr2005/Coffee.cfm (Short-term memory)
http://www.coffeescience.org/alert (Mental alertness)

Words

Distractible
Inattention
Hyperactivity
Gross and fine motor control
Short attention span



kip
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,166
Location: Somewhere out there...

03 Oct 2010, 9:19 pm

pgd wrote:
Was born with ADHD Inattentive including central auditory processing disorder. For me, the old medicine, coffee - caffeine compounds, work better than Ritalin/other stronger stimulants to temporarily reduce some ADHD symptoms a little (not a cure).


Yes, I drank caffeinated tea to control mine, spiking it up with one of those uber caf energy drinks when it got too bad.


_________________
Every time you think you've made it idiot proof, someone comes along and invents a better idiot.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot


x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 May 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,359
Location: Spokane, Washington

03 Oct 2010, 11:23 pm

I have ADHD combined and I take Concerta for it. It used to help a lot, but now I've pretty much become immune to it. It actually helped with my anxiety when I first started taking it.


_________________
theamazingjunkie.flavors.me


Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 568
Location: Kern County, CA

03 Oct 2010, 11:25 pm

kip wrote:
pgd wrote:
Was born with ADHD Inattentive including central auditory processing disorder. For me, the old medicine, coffee - caffeine compounds, work better than Ritalin/other stronger stimulants to temporarily reduce some ADHD symptoms a little (not a cure).


Yes, I drank caffeinated tea to control mine, spiking it up with one of those uber caf energy drinks when it got too bad.

I've tried that. It doesn't work for me.



MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jan 2009
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,896
Location: Stoke, England (sometimes :P)

04 Oct 2010, 5:12 am

No but I'm not far off.


_________________
What film do atheists watch on Christmas?
Coincidence on 34th street.


kip
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,166
Location: Somewhere out there...

04 Oct 2010, 6:07 am

Stonecold wrote:
kip wrote:
pgd wrote:
Was born with ADHD Inattentive including central auditory processing disorder. For me, the old medicine, coffee - caffeine compounds, work better than Ritalin/other stronger stimulants to temporarily reduce some ADHD symptoms a little (not a cure).


Yes, I drank caffeinated tea to control mine, spiking it up with one of those uber caf energy drinks when it got too bad.

I've tried that. It doesn't work for me.


It only barely worked for me... I was taking in 500 or 600 mg of caffiene a day. So it's not really all that effective.


_________________
Every time you think you've made it idiot proof, someone comes along and invents a better idiot.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot


pgd
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,624

04 Oct 2010, 10:49 am

League_Girl wrote:
I have ADD and was on pills for it for two years before they messed me up.


---

Are you saying the pills for ADHD helped for two years but then there was an unwanted change?

What do you mean?



pgd
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,624

04 Oct 2010, 10:52 am

alex wrote:
I was diagnosed with ADHD. I used to take Adderall but have stopped recently.


---

alex - A question...why did you stop?

Also, what did Adderall do you for you (retrospectively)? Did Adderall temporarily help you in some minor ways/whatever? - pgd