Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Nick88
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jul 2012, 9:45 am

I have been waiting since February for the other referral back to the Maudsley to come through. It is simply not good enough and they should all be banged to rights and i don't care who they think they are , but they should be sharper than that. These people probably get paid 30 grand and a mouse could probably do a better job than all of them put together. How long does it take to get myself back in again? , I should be there by now.

In the future there needs to be a shake up of the mental health referral system , the government seriously needs to think about how they can reduce the waiting time for mental health patients who are waiting for treatment.

If you have to wait for a while there should be a letter like this:

We are extremely sorry about the wait and are trying everything we can to get you referred. We understand that you may be having a difficult time and we sympathise with you on this , if we have not done what you ask of us by one months time then you have a right to complain about how useless we are.

Yours sincerely.

Mr Useless

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 10:09 am

ROFL nice letter!

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 5:25 am

Have been waiting for a few months just for a prescription. maudsley took afew years just to get a referral for a day visit. It's just not cricket.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 11:02 am

What about going to the ER and claiming to be suicidal? They may be using a triage method.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 1:29 pm

John_Browning wrote:
What about going to the ER and claiming to be suicidal? They may be using a triage method.

They will lock you up in a mental institution, and unless you really are on the edge of life, you do not want to go there. There are real headcases in those places that are severely mentally ill, who cause a lot of trouble to staff and patients.
Sometimes you're lucky enough to be in a decent MH ward.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 5:03 am

Did actually volunteer myself once making very clear I had no intention of harming myself or others.. For a few hours I reiterated this. Within 10minutes I was threatened with sectioning by one of the nurses. Actually had to force my way out. They denied the specifics and I got a visit from the police. Fortunately they had no grounds to force me in but has put me right off going down that route ever again.

Nick88

17 Jul 2012, 5:48 am

Its just difficult to know what to do when i am feeling very low , there seems to be no out ball.