Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 2:19 pm

Does anyone tend to do this? I imagine someone else who tells me extremely negative things which make me depressed.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 3:58 pm

When I made a decision at work, I switched to imagining that my team
lead was demanding that I justify it, and I responded aloud in a whisper the
thought process that went into my decision.

Has anyone had this?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 5:45 pm

My self-talk has always been very negative. It's probably why I have such low self-esteem. I'm afraid to change because I feel like if I start telling myself positive things, it will make me self-centered.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 3:26 pm

Yeah I tend to have negative self talk and also negative thoughts build up and manifest inside me it tends to bring me into a meltdown and I constantly call myself a failure and a pathetic loser and question why I was ever brought into existance if I am to be a failure. It tends to build up into physical self harm usually self punching biting my arms and scratching myself I may do this for hours on end until I am exhausted.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ2SbavmcmE[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 5:08 pm

As years go by, I start loving myself more and more and the negative self-talk gets less and less.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 11:56 pm

I think negative thoughts about myself,I'm on S.S.I. so I feel like a mooch,then I try to think of something I could do to earn my way but my constant bouts with severe depression keep me from that.Even if I was offered the best job in the world I would lose it,there would be a day (or weeks) when I'm too depressed to leave the house.I've tried to think of ways to earn money at home but you still have to be together for that.I'm a talented artist but there's lots of them,and art supplies are expensive,I can't afford to buy what I want.This makes me feel like I'm lazy and worthless,like I should be doing something,but what?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 12:01 am

It happens every time I wake up.

"Dad hated me ... I wasn't meant to be born ... nobody wanted me ...", et cetera.

Some days, it doesn't seem worth chewing through the straps just to get out of bed ...

;)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 12:30 am

I wouldn't really describe it as imagining it, seems like there actually is someone telling me the negative things, I know there is not but it actually seems like there is. It can get rather aggravating at times because its like I have no control over it and can't just turn off the off switch. But yeah I suppose I don't feel that great about myself.

muntanmion
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Oct 2012, 3:45 am

My negative self-talk has reduced to something with the quality of cartoon-like babble in my head now, after a few decades of trying to quiet it down with therapy, "self-improvement" experimentations and life experiences. It goes on, but it's been de-fanged, neutered, softened and figuratively bound with various enchantments. I guess something I did must have worked.

baodi
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Oct 2012, 8:12 pm

My negative self talk is slowly getting better. I have been trying NLP

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 9:24 pm

A lot of times I think as well as tell myself in a soft tone "I want to die"a lot of it involves my echolalia though.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

meems
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 11:15 pm

I've been trying to stop telling myself I'm ugly/fat/stupid etc. It sometimes works.