Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

03 Dec 2012, 7:06 pm

Does anyone else have experience with this?

UnseenSkye
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2012, 8:03 pm

No, I do not have experience with this, but the concept is frightening.

I did some very quick research on adults with NVD/NVLD and there are many cross-over symptoms which resemble Asperger's and there are some people who have been diagnosed with both.

I am wondering where you found this information about the condition "changing" into schizophrenia, bipolar, tourettes and/or et cetera Even more, I am wondering if medication that is given to treat other conditions may be what is causing these seemingly mysterious changes. Of course, to get big pharmaceutical companies to admit that they are at fault, that decades later their chemical interventions cause far worse problems to emerge... I'd be amazed to see any of these companies willingly come forward and admit if such a terrible thing was true.

To me, it seems bizarre to consider that all these various conditions could result from one condition existing over time. If seizures were involved, perhaps. This does not seem to be the case (although maybe this is something that needs to be explored. Seizures can be nearly invisible and unnoticed).

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

03 Dec 2012, 9:13 pm

No, I don't take medication. However, I was diagnosed with severe NLVD, PDD-NOS, and (why I posted here) Schizoid Personality Disorder, which by the way = / Schizophrenia. I was talking about a different type of connection. This forum seemed like a better place to talk about SPD than the autism forum since they are really quite different.

I am wondering if PDD-NOS = NLVD, which causes my SPD due to a lifetime of being shut out from the world. I am scared of people and social interactions because I can't read nonverbal cues, and I crash into things, which is embarrassing. But unlike someone with Asperger Syndrome, I don't have any conceptual social problems, so my awareness may lead to me cutting people off and living behind a wall, rather than cluelessly interacting inappropriately and getting rejected (more like Asperger's).

Even more frightening, if this is true, I am probably less likely to finally be able to get married and develop a circle of close, tolerant friends, like many people with Asperger's Syndrome do. Currently, I cut off my romantic relationships after a few months (SPD) because being criticized and embarrassed all the time (I tend to interpret everything as negative, so much of this "criticism" may not even be real) exhausts me. And I'm wondering if NLVD could cause all of this.

Anyone who can shed light on this, it would really really help me. I could actually work hard to develop better spatial abilities, and this could maybe eventually get me to the point of being able to function as an NT.