Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

17 Feb 2013, 6:44 pm

Is this a common thing, or a logical connection? I'm either a raging maniac or else depressed. But when I do something chemical to fix my depression (medication or supplements), the general hostility that flits around and aims at different things comes back.

Right now, I happen to hate banks and guys who wear sweater vests. lol

RawSugar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Feb 2013, 9:08 pm

I don't blame you. Sweater vests are pretty obnoxious.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 9:52 pm

RawSugar wrote:
I don't blame you. Sweater vests are pretty obnoxious.

So they do it in Canada too? Lol. I find it pretentious.

RawSugar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Feb 2013, 10:35 pm

Pretentious, obnoxious, annoying, overbearing (if one can describe clothing as such).
Yes, they exist in Canada. And they rarely look good on anyone.

g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Feb 2013, 10:49 pm

Manic-depressive stuff comes with NVLD? I might not be bipolar after all... good thing I don't have a DX XD

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 11:03 pm

g2 wrote:
Manic-depressive stuff comes with NVLD? I might not be bipolar after all... good thing I don't have a DX XD

Either that or I am. My brother is, so it's a possibility. I'd have the rapid cycling type, if I had it, however.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 7:27 pm

Yes I have read online that anger, pain and depression do go hand in hand. It goes in cycles with a person becoming irrationally angry and then later calming down and feeling depressed again. This has happened to me some and I have started to control the feelings of anger better. I am not outwardly angry and it is more that I feel angry.

I just have trouble it seems with "letting things go." If something bothers me I think about it too much and I need to fix it or move on.

RaspberryFrosty
Toucan
Toucan

28 Feb 2013, 8:43 pm

I get frustrated and sometimes angry when I don't understand certain things.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 7:15 pm

Gazelle wrote:
Yes I have read online that anger, pain and depression do go hand in hand. It goes in cycles with a person becoming irrationally angry and then later calming down and feeling depressed again. This has happened to me some and I have started to control the feelings of anger better. I am not outwardly angry and it is more that I feel angry.

I just have trouble it seems with "letting things go." If something bothers me I think about it too much and I need to fix it or move on.

bingo!
thay sums it up for me, I can go crazy with going over things in my head. the funny thing is when I'm raging in my head, I've had people tell me how nice and calm I am in general? if you only knew, you would run!
with that said I can be happy, and not depressed or angry.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 8:52 pm

danmac wrote:
Gazelle wrote:

bingo!
thay sums it up for me, I can go crazy with going over things in my head. the funny thing is when I'm raging in my head, I've had people tell me how nice and calm I am in general? if you only knew, you would run!
with that said I can be happy, and not depressed or angry.

Yes I agree I can be angry on the inside and then later on in the day I relax and feel ok, even happy. I am learning more about negative thinking and how a person can learn to quell the negative thinking. I still have the issue of thinking about something and trying to let it go. It is just that I often feel that I made a mistake in the past and why didn't I do x, y and z instead of a, b and c.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2013, 7:30 pm

My son has NVLD. He is almost never angry. He has a very even temperament, which is surprising because he also has ADHD and many times, people with ADHD have a quick temper and have poor impulse control. He's not like that at all. Very kind, gentle, and easy going. When he gets frustrated, he tends to cry, but not the angry kind of cry. A sad kind of cry.