Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

LeGasp-ergers
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Dec 2013, 11:09 pm

I was planning on giving my therapist a holiday card with a thank-you component for his help throughout this past year...is that alright?

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Dec 2013, 11:32 pm

[quote="LeGasp-ergers"]I was planning on giving my therapist a holiday card with a thank-you component for his help throughout this past year...is that alright?[/quote]

I've seen businesses send out these formal holiday cards to their customers. Perhaps a card along those lines would work?

By the way - Happy Holidays!

:)

doofy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 11:35 pm

LeGasp-ergers wrote:
I was planning on giving my therapist a holiday card with a thank-you component for his help throughout this past year...is that alright?

I think so, yes.

Just pay a bit of obvious attention to "boundaries".

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 2:59 am

I wish people would say Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule. Solstice, Pancha Ganapati, Mōdraniht or whatever festival your culture celebrates this time of year 'Holiday' sound so PC and boring.
and Yes by all means include as many people as you can in your winter celebrations.

Happy Solstice Eve!

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 3:29 am

Yes, lots of people do this.

Love transcends all.

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 11:12 am

Yeah. I think it's a nice gesture. I used to give my counselor cards for Christmas back when I was in counseling.

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2013, 12:57 pm

[quote="iceb"]I wish people would say Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule. Solstice, Pancha Ganapati, Mōdraniht or whatever festival your culture celebrates this time of year 'Holiday' sound so PC and boring.
and Yes by all means include as many people as you can in your winter celebrations.

Happy Solstice Eve![/quote]

I actually celebrate the Solstice myself. I make no assumption on what others celebrate. It is easier to be all inclusive than taking the chance that anyone gets left out. You will leave someone out by attempting to list all the paths people follow.

Instead of being critical of an other's right to say whatever they want, enjoy your celebration. I will be enjoying mine, without imposing my belief system on another. I can feel good about that.

Happy Holidays!