Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Wrenton
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Mar 2014, 1:29 am

Ok I'm not sure if its a common symptom of being a Aspie, but I was told that I was being too nosy when I was wondering what some of my Classmate at school were up to since people were sort of gathering around sharing a taste of a drink that was made. Sometimes when I am bored and killing time I just wonder and ask my other classmates are up to and doing to kill time..seriously that's it. That's the only reason I seem to be "nosey" is because I am killing time and am bored and don't know what to do with myself until instructor/chef gets back with could be 2 min or 10 min since we have to always be ready.

As for personal space when I try to get a closer look at something some times I am not aware of other people's personal space. Honestly I try to respect their personal spaces its just I don't think about it when I am told to look at something carefully ,or get close. to other people to see something I just cant help it, and when I try to explain whats going on with me having Aspie ..the first thing that comes out of EVERY persons mouth that I tried to explain to over the years of my life was "BUL#(@*!" your lying".

I know its no excuse but I honestly cant help it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 1:49 am

That is why I quit trying to socialize and do small talk because it was always "none of my business."

Peoples personal space is generally an arm length away. Always stand an arm length away from everyone or more.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Wrenton

07 Mar 2014, 2:19 pm

League_Girl wrote:
That is why I quit trying to socialize and do small talk because it was always "none of my business."

Peoples personal space is generally an arm length away. Always stand an arm length away from everyone or more.

so your saying I should go back to be a loner and shut myself off and be that person nobody talks to....ever.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 2:19 pm

Actually I have people profiles in my head, with information like age, weigh, hobbies, siblings, what ethnics they are descendant from , personality type etc I have an urge to fill those informations but I learned people don't like it when you do this kind of interrogatory, specially if you are asking a woman how much she weighs :lol:
so I don't ask those things. I am veeery curious but people don't understand it and may think I am being nosey. When I am talking I try to make the conversations converge to one of those topics so I can fill their profile and that's very exciting.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 2:22 pm

League_Girl wrote:

interesting. Here in Brazil personal space is not like that, when two people are talking they touch each other all the time, they can even rest their arms in your shoulder or arm and be very close.

Wrenton

07 Mar 2014, 2:28 pm

linatet wrote:
Actually I have people profiles in my head, with information like age, weigh, hobbies, siblings, what ethnics they are descendant from , personality type etc I have an urge to fill those informations but I learned people don't like it when you do this kind of interrogatory, specially if you are asking a woman how much she weighs :lol:
so I don't ask those things. I am veeery curious but people don't understand it and may think I am being nosey. When I am talking I try to make the conversations converge to one of those topics so I can fill their profile and that's very exciting.

Its not so much as finding out who they are..its somewhat about what they are talking about at the time so I can be in the conversation when I have nothing else to do. Basically I am trying to socialize and not be just that guy nobody talks to...because I have been there already and its a pure emotional hell. Things where most people would actually consider suicide..but that's not the case as I don't wish for anyone to do that or go through something similar that would have them even consider it.

As for personal space..yes I try my best to stay a arms length away but when your at school and 2-3 people are assigned to make sure a dough or sauce has the right consistency/texture and for me I am trying to see what we're looking for so I can replicate it I tend not to think since I somewhat set finding out to what it is as Priority #1 and everything else lower.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 6:05 pm

Yes, I'm really nosey too. I know most everything that is going on at work. Who is seeing who etc etc. But nobody really knows very much about me.

I feel a bit bad about it sometimes. But it's their faults for not asking me about myself.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Mar 2014, 2:33 am

I've been accused of both sometimes when I was little. I was bullied alot in school for various reasons so I started keeping to myself more & haven't been accused of being nosy sense I was little. I've asked both my ex girlfriends LOTs of questions about what they were up to & how they were doing due to anxiety, OCD & insecurity. I got better in my current relationship because I learned & grew from the previous two & got on medication for anxiety & OCD before I got in this relationship & she's dealing with emotional stuff that causes here to be alittle needy & clingy & I am too so it works. I have a rare low vision disorder that causes me to be extremely nearsighted so that could explain some or maybe all of my issues with personal space. I've got accused of being too close to people a few times in high-school & I made a mental note to be further away; I don't need to see all their features well.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition