Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 7:39 pm

I'm always scared. I'm quite paranoid that something bad is going to happen to me. I always have an escape plan to get out of someplace. I play many scenarios or terrible things that could happen to me in my head often. I feel like someone is walking behind me when no one is there, which I know is common, but I just get really scared about it relatively often. I sometimes see a shadowy person or a ghost-like person when I turn my head somewhere, but then they disappear. I see bugs crawl across somewhere, and then they disappear. I sometimes hear minecraft chicken-noises in places that there are no minecraft chicken or real chicken. Just the other night, I heard my name whispered loudly in a way that was as if someone were to put a tube/pipe to my ear and whisper from the other end, but there wasn't anyone there to do that or anything. Sometimes, I feel like I'm bleeding on my arms, but when I look, I'm not bleeding.

What should I do?

~~~
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
~~~

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 8:05 pm

I'm sorry you're feeling this way.

Talk to a therapist about what you just wrote as soon as possible. Do you have a therapist at present?

In the meantime, I would do what I always do during the day. I know you probably hate homework--but do it; it will keep you from thinking those thoughts.

Do you have a "special interest"? Pursue that as well.

I believe it's a good sign that you have enough insight to know that your hallucinations are not real. If you were truly psychotic, you would believe in what you mentioned wholeheartedly.

I'm sure other people from Wrong Planet will offer advice as well.

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 8:19 pm

oh okay good

~~~
~~~

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 8:21 pm

What is scaring you in the real world Serena?

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 8:24 pm

I'm scared of crazy criminals that can come to me. I'm scared that anyone could be bad. I'm scared that anyone I know could attack me or poison me.

~~~
~~~

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 8:45 pm

The hallucinations seem very real, and they freak me out at first, but then I know that they're not really there, because they disappear. I'm still scared for them to come when they are those that are my name whispered and the shadowy person. The other ones are just odd.

~~~
~~~

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 9:03 pm

If you're in the dark, I would advocate putting the light on.

I believe getting a nightlight would be to your benefit.

Do you share your room with somebody?

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 9:22 pm

Do you live in a high crime area? Or have you been a victim of a crime before? Is there something that is causing you to be afraid? Sometimes it helps to search for the root of the problem.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 9:32 pm

also, please be sure to let your therapist know of this. If you're on any medication it could be a side effect.

SquidinHostBody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 May 2014, 10:47 pm

Indeed, this is a problem that only a therapist can solve. Hallucinations are never a good sign. As mentioned, it's good that you can tell that these things aren't real, but it's putting tremendous stress on your mind and body. The Squid cannot stress enough. Seek help from a therapist.

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 12:36 am

No, I've never been a victim of crime, and I'm not supposed to start any medicine until sometime this summer. I don't currently take any medicine, as I almost always refuse to if I'm not dying, because one of the things I'm scared of is medicine, and I only take it if I know exactly how it works, or if I just really need to take it under certain circumstances.

I share a room with two rats, and I sleep with my TV on, whether or not anything is playing on it.

~~~
~~~

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 11:05 am

If you're not under any medication then it becomes even more important your therapist knows of this.

One of my cousins had hallucinations/heard voices and had lots of panic attacks starting age 10 and she was diagnosed and given proper meds. Today she just takes one pill every day and she has no problems. She's due to graduate university this fall.

Its ok to be nervous and scared about 'what this might be' .. but unless you tell an adult or your therapist about them nothing will change...you'll just stay nervous and scared.

..in fact you coming here to tell us this is a good first step. But we can't help you like a therapist can.

If you're a Lord of the Rings fan this might strike a chord :

"Forth, and fear no darkness!" :)

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 12:05 pm

I'm not a LOTR fan, but I have an elvish friend who is very obsessed with it, therefore I recognize that reference!

~~~
~~~