Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 9:31 am

I have a back and forth discussion with someone who I think is me, (in my head, not out loud [although when i was a kid i talked to myself]) but we don't always share the same opinions. This is the same entity that turns against me when I totally melt down. I've had this since I can remember and it's second nature. But I became aware of myself doing it and wondered if anyone else does. It doesn't really bother me (except during meltdowns;) I think it's part of how I think through things.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 9:38 am

I believe this is a salient characteristic of good writers.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 9:41 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe this is a salient characteristic of good writers.

Well, thats a good sign then. Funny you should mention it as I was up all last night working on the mystery I'm trying to write.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 9:49 am

I know you're concerned about copyright infringements, etc.

I wonder if you'd receive decent feedback should you "publish" excerpts of your stuff within the Writers' forum.

I've seen some really good poems there--publishable quality.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 9:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I know you're concerned about copyright infringements, etc.

I wonder if you'd receive decent feedback should you "publish" excerpts of your stuff within the Writers' forum.

I've seen some really good poems there--publishable quality.

Someone quoted Martin from Game of Thrones there the other day. I did not realize how well he wrote.
I will have to check out the poetry. But right now I'm not up for feedback. I get enough in my own head.
A good idea for the future, though.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 11:57 am

I think I have what you are talking about, too. Although maybe I have another one as well, because one of them isn't 'me'. I don't know whether that's common or not.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 12:17 pm

LookingLost wrote:
I think I have what you are talking about, too. Although maybe I have another one as well, because one of them isn't 'me'. I don't know whether that's common or not.

I don't know, but my voice can be very tempermental and demanďing.

Ces
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jun 2014, 4:08 pm

I sort of argue and complain at myself when I don't do something because of anxiety. Like there is part of me that is fed up of anxiety getting in the way of my life

?I do not think, sir, you have any right to command me, merely because you are older than I, or because you have seen more of the world than I have; your claim to superiority depends on the use you have made of your time and experience.?
― Cha

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2014, 7:32 am

Ces wrote:
I sort of argue and complain at myself when I don't do something because of anxiety. Like there is part of me that is fed up of anxiety getting in the way of my life

This, for me too.