Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 2:07 am

Ive been getting bouts of euphoria with psychedelic overtones . This has happened 2 nights in a row. Last time it happened I felt as if i'd been given a substance the reaction was so visceral. The second time it happened the first phrase that sprang to mind was "childlike wonder". What in the world could possibly cause that. I dont do drugs so that's not it.

Worst thing was that I felt absolutely awful afterwards. I went out for a cigarette and was enchanted by the lights on the canal then I went inside and slowly started to "come down". Tonight ive been weaving unpredictably about and hyperfocusing on WP.

I dont have bipolar also. Could it be related to my sleep patterns being totally reversed or my being on SSRI's?

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 3:14 am

Check for a gas leak.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 3:21 am

Stannis wrote:
Check for a gas leak.

Nitrous oxide perhaps? XD

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 4:06 am

Do SSRI's help?

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 5:46 am

im on bupropion and mirtazapine and theyre awesome actually SNRI I guess

I thought that it was just sleep deprivation sending me loopy but it happened again today. Its not unplesant, just really really bizarre. Euphoria isnt a listed side effect.

Spectacles
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Aug 2014, 10:13 pm

My doc once told me that some SSRIs cause psychedelic dreams (for some people) when taken at night. Not quite what you've described, but it might be related.

Kalinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Sep 2014, 8:58 pm

I personally will not take SSRI's. My mother had severe depression and it kick started her mania on its own, with the combination of her prescribed weight loss pills. This was weight loss from pregnancy. She never would lose weight but became bipolar then manic. It may have made her permanently bipolar as a matter of fact.

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 9:11 pm

I think that these states are actually quasi-medidative in nature. They come and go now but the pattern is that they cluster around periods where im focusing on an activity while tired. This has shown me how potentially powerful meditation can be because these states are instructive.

SSRI's have helped me alot, but they have also made my moods very very changeable. I can see how a much more extreme version of my mood shifts would lead to mania. I had a pretty bad anxiety attack earlier today but now 3:15 AM GMT I feel great, almost elated. Tomorrow i'll crash earthwards and then at some point sail up like a punted ball. I never become manic but its clear that effexor mirtazapine Bupropion and the other SNRI's carry that risk.

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 9:43 pm

No euphoric bouts for me, and I'm not sure if I should feel relieved or jealous. Right now it's functioning but stressed vs basketcase...

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 11:12 pm

Ectryon wrote:
Ive been getting bouts of euphoria with psychedelic overtones . This has happened 2 nights in a row. Last time it happened I felt as if i'd been given a substance the reaction was so visceral. The second time it happened the first phrase that sprang to mind was "childlike wonder". What in the world could possibly cause that. I dont do drugs so that's not it.

Worst thing was that I felt absolutely awful afterwards. I went out for a cigarette and was enchanted by the lights on the canal then I went inside and slowly started to "come down". Tonight ive been weaving unpredictably about and hyperfocusing on WP.

I dont have bipolar also. Could it be related to my sleep patterns being totally reversed or my being on SSRI's?

Do you live alone? Someone else may be drugging you intentionally or accidentally.
Do you drink any alcohol or take any other prescription meds that could cause drug interaction?

Kalinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Sep 2014, 11:20 pm

There are people who smoke weed everyday to feel the same effect. I'm not sure my opinion on it. I want to live without medication or substances influencing my life anymore. If there was something that could help me right now, though, I would probably take it.

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 3:53 am

I dont do any drugs at all... kind of an interesting thought that someone might be drugigng me XD I think that its just a mild form of the bipolar symptoms people describe. I would feel relieved if I were simply stable at any rate. The lows are really really bad. Sometimes I think that the anxiety will overwhelm me completely. I just have to ride it out with films music and cigarettes.

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3