Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2015
Age: 20
Posts: 2,278
Location: Province of Québec, Canada

18 Apr 2015, 6:19 pm

So my father as a friend that lives in the appartment next to ours, she's pretty much leeching on him for money and he's sick of her but she menaces him of commit suiciding if he ditches her... Also she hates me and thinks I'm part of some sort of conspiracy linked with a guy hacking her phone. Help anyone?



Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,526

20 Apr 2015, 8:54 am

Talk to your father about her, and make it clear to him that if she does commit suicide, it's not your father's fault. It's not his job to rescue her.



jimmyboy76453
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 580
Location: Ashtabula

20 Apr 2015, 9:05 am

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
So my father as a friend that lives in the appartment next to ours, she's pretty much leeching on him for money and he's sick of her but she menaces him of commit suiciding if he ditches her... Also she hates me and thinks I'm part of some sort of conspiracy linked with a guy hacking her phone. Help anyone?


Move away and never get close to any of your new neighbors. Barring that, I don't know. He needs to realize that her threatening to commit suicide is unstable behavior. Really, if she threatens to kill herself if he leaves, and he leaves anyway and she really does kill herself, her suicide is not his fault in any way. She was a basket case who would have done it sooner or later for one dumb reason or another.


_________________
You don't need to hide, my friend, for I am just like you.


DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2015
Age: 20
Posts: 2,278
Location: Province of Québec, Canada

20 Apr 2015, 3:47 pm

Ettina wrote:
Talk to your father about her, and make it clear to him that if she does commit suicide, it's not your father's fault. It's not his job to rescue her.

I already did, but he keeps saying that "she needs him"...



RosaryLightning
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2015
Posts: 3
Location: Canada

20 Apr 2015, 9:39 pm

You should spare yourself from stressing out over your dad's decisions and his friends. In the general sense, if you talked to your dad explaining your concerns in the most shrewd and respectable manner, and he doesn't care, he's pretty committed for some reason and maybe you'll feel better knowing that reason, but at the end of the day it is your dad making the good or questionable decisions. Sounds like he genuinely cares about that friend, so my advice is if it's not affecting your daily life (like he's not paying so much attention to her that he's neglecting your care to the point of making you feeling really down) try to ignore it. But don't completely "ignore" the situation; check up with your dad once in a while, give her a nod or two if you see her (you don't have to pretend you like her, but don't hate her either--just be chill). If you really can't stand it, maybe phone up a relative or two to see if you can move there instead, or talk to them about the general situation. You don't have to see her if you don't want to. I gave you some advice based on what I read which isn't a lot, so ultimately it's you who makes the decisions and decides which advice you take.

A note to cheer you up: BDPs typically don't live in the same place for more than a year--she'll probably move out soon, if she is indeed diagnosed with the disorder.



Hannahlovatt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 1
Location: Wales

27 Apr 2015, 7:13 pm

jimmyboy76453 wrote:
DailyPoutine1 wrote:
So my father as a friend that lives in the appartment next to ours, she's pretty much leeching on him for money and he's sick of her but she menaces him of commit suiciding if he ditches her... Also she hates me and thinks I'm part of some sort of conspiracy linked with a guy hacking her phone. Help anyone?


Move away and never get close to any of your new neighbors. Barring that, I don't know. He needs to realize that her threatening to commit suicide is unstable behavior. Really, if she threatens to kill herself if he leaves, and he leaves anyway and she really does kill herself, her suicide is not his fault in any way. She was a basket case who would have done it sooner or later for one dumb reason or another.


I'm sorry but I find this a little rude that you called her a basket case and it would be a 'dumb reason' BPD is very real and so are delusions



Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,698

02 May 2015, 10:27 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
So my father as a friend that lives in the appartment next to ours, she's pretty much leeching on him for money and he's sick of her but she menaces him of commit suiciding if he ditches her... Also she hates me and thinks I'm part of some sort of conspiracy linked with a guy hacking her phone. Help anyone?



Only your father can set his own boundaries with her. You might want to find a number for a local suicide hotline i your area that he can direct her to call when she feels suicidal, and of course, if she threatens suicide he should call 911.