Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Lightbulb12345
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 27
Location: UK

23 Mar 2016, 5:52 pm

I am having a few problems and I don't know if they have anything to do with my Asperger's or if it is something else entirely. I don't want to go into detail, but essentially I have a lot of paranoid delusions coinciding with mood swings every few months, normally lasting around three weeks. I can't be sure but I think I also have had some hallucinatory experiences (phone ringing when it wasn't, muffled conversations in the next room when home alone, "figures" passing the windows/ doorways) also during this period. This has been going on in a cycle for around five or six years now.

Is this a part of Autism or not? What should I do?



slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,146
Location: here

23 Mar 2016, 5:56 pm

Are these problems preventing you from working or forming relationships?

If so you might need medicine,

(It's not part of autism)



Lightbulb12345
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 27
Location: UK

23 Mar 2016, 6:27 pm

slenkar wrote:
Are these problems preventing you from working or forming relationships?

If so you might need medicine,

(It's not part of autism)


It causes me problems during those three weeks or so but not outside of that time, no, although I do have a lot of anxiety about when it will start again.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,280
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Mar 2016, 10:07 pm

Sounds kind of like bipolar but I'm not sure if it is that. I'd suggest seeing a psych for diagnoses & possible treatment.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"

~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 589
Location: Washington

28 Mar 2016, 8:07 am

nick007 wrote:
Sounds kind of like bipolar but I'm not sure if it is that. I'd suggest seeing a psych for diagnoses & possible treatment.

It's not symptomatic of bipolar. I am bipolar, but have never experienced delusions. I don't recall that being part of the diagnostic criteria either.


_________________
The cutest most lovable little rob0t on Earth! (^.^)


marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 589
Location: Washington

28 Mar 2016, 8:10 am

Lightbulb12345 wrote:
slenkar wrote:
Are these problems preventing you from working or forming relationships?

If so you might need medicine,

(It's not part of autism)


It causes me problems during those three weeks or so but not outside of that time, no, although I do have a lot of anxiety about when it will start again.

It's not a part of Aspergers diagnosis as far as I've read. It might be advisable to see a doctor.

Tell me, where do you experience these delusions you speak of. Home, or elsewhere?


_________________
The cutest most lovable little rob0t on Earth! (^.^)


Lightbulb12345
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 27
Location: UK

28 Mar 2016, 1:13 pm

I experience it constantly during those times (and also outside of those times, to some degree). It gets worse when I'm outside of my home so I usually don't leave the house. Being in places other than home/ with people I don't know makes it significantly worse both at the time and after I get home.



nerdmachine
Butterfly
Butterfly

Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 9

28 Mar 2016, 1:26 pm

First. Did something happen in your childhood to trigger this?

Did you come from a stable environment? Were you belittled, made to feel as though your reality wasn't the correct one with others like your parents insisting your version of events weren't accurate then they took that opportunity to instill their version of events which were false? Did you feel gaslighted? Around people that had no care about how their own actions and words would impact someone so long as they would benefit from it such as spinning a narrative making you out to be crazy so at any moment they could insist you were the crazy one to leave their own reputation in tact?

The reason I am asking is, there are people that may have a chemistry imbalance then there are people that are acting out in a manner that is a result of their childhood without realizing it. The pain has manifested into something else.

If it's a result of a brain imbalance, seek a psychiatrist. If you had a traumatic childhood, you need to dig deeper into yourself and bring to surface your memories and pain to heal with someone that knows how to treat you and talk to you with complete lack of throwing judgements in your time of struggling and understanding.

So now the questions is. Which one do you think applies?



Lightbulb12345
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 27
Location: UK

28 Mar 2016, 2:05 pm

nerdmachine wrote:
First. Did something happen in your childhood to trigger this?

Did you come from a stable environment? Were you belittled, made to feel as though your reality wasn't the correct one with others like your parents insisting your version of events weren't accurate then they took that opportunity to instill their version of events which were false? Did you feel gaslighted? Around people that had no care about how their own actions and words would impact someone so long as they would benefit from it such as spinning a narrative making you out to be crazy so at any moment they could insist you were the crazy one to leave their own reputation in tact?

The reason I am asking is, there are people that may have a chemistry imbalance then there are people that are acting out in a manner that is a result of their childhood without realizing it. The pain has manifested into something else.

If it's a result of a brain imbalance, seek a psychiatrist. If you had a traumatic childhood, you need to dig deeper into yourself and bring to surface your memories and pain to heal with someone that knows how to treat you and talk to you with complete lack of throwing judgements in your time of struggling and understanding.

So now the questions is. Which one do you think applies?


There have been a few adverse things that have happened in my life but, in general, my parents have been very, very supportive of me and they raised me to be very secure in myself and my perception of the world. My problems have been going on for quite a while now, getting worse more recently.



nerdmachine
Butterfly
Butterfly

Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 9

28 Mar 2016, 4:11 pm

Lightbulb12345 wrote:
nerdmachine wrote:
First. Did something happen in your childhood to trigger this?

Did you come from a stable environment? Were you belittled, made to feel as though your reality wasn't the correct one with others like your parents insisting your version of events weren't accurate then they took that opportunity to instill their version of events which were false? Did you feel gaslighted? Around people that had no care about how their own actions and words would impact someone so long as they would benefit from it such as spinning a narrative making you out to be crazy so at any moment they could insist you were the crazy one to leave their own reputation in tact?

The reason I am asking is, there are people that may have a chemistry imbalance then there are people that are acting out in a manner that is a result of their childhood without realizing it. The pain has manifested into something else.

If it's a result of a brain imbalance, seek a psychiatrist. If you had a traumatic childhood, you need to dig deeper into yourself and bring to surface your memories and pain to heal with someone that knows how to treat you and talk to you with complete lack of throwing judgements in your time of struggling and understanding.

So now the questions is. Which one do you think applies?


There have been a few adverse things that have happened in my life but, in general, my parents have been very, very supportive of me and they raised me to be very secure in myself and my perception of the world. My problems have been going on for quite a while now, getting worse more recently.


To be frank, it sounds like schizophrenia but I'm no professional. If it's getting worse, seek professional help.