Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

AngelTheReaper
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Mar 2016, 11:59 pm

Well I have all the conditions listed in the subject...all experimental and conventional therapies have failed...

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 9:35 pm

Wait, are you diagnosed with C-PTSD and PTSD respectively? Just curious.

What are some of the therapies, conventional and unconventional, have you tried and in what way did they fail? Have you seen no progress whatsoever or just not enough to function?

I'm sorry you are going through this.

Lockeye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Apr 2016, 3:23 pm

I've tried all kinds of therapies for the above mentioned disorders, much to no avail.

I'm at my best when I'm practicing spirituality and experimenting with plant medicines.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 10:23 pm

Lockeye wrote:
I've tried all kinds of therapies for the above mentioned disorders, much to no avail.

I'm at my best when I'm practicing spirituality and experimenting with plant medicines.

The only thing I haven't heard of on that list was C-PTSD. I know lots of these things are linked to one another, so it would make sense that you could have that all happen with one person. I don't know of much I could say to be helpful with other than I empathize (or is it sympathize) with you.
I have heard that plant medicines can be quite helpful for some people.
Keep trying different things- something will stick.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 10:39 pm

C-PTSD (complex PTSD) is not recognized by the APA nor its Euro counterpart...yet. It's essentially a mal-adaptation (or more than one) to long term trauma. For instance, rather than seeing their parent die in front of them )(which might induce PTSD) someone might have been repeatedly traumatized by said parent. Different cause, different long term effects. Personally, I think it should have a different designation as they have little in common.