08 Jun 2016, 11:41 am

Minionkitty wrote:
Yes.

Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Schizoaffective disorder - Bipolar type
Asperger's Syndrome
Eating Disorder NOS
Specific Learning Disability of Mathematics

diagnosed with NVLD and Asperger's?! That's insane.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 10:56 pm

starkid wrote:
Minionkitty wrote:
Yes.

Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Schizoaffective disorder - Bipolar type
Asperger's Syndrome
Eating Disorder NOS
Specific Learning Disability of Mathematics

???? How so? They can't help it- it's just the way they are.... :?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 11:01 pm

Unfortunate_Aspie_ wrote:
starkid wrote:

I meant that it's weird that doctors would give anyone both of those diagnoses because they are so similar, it's almost like diagnosing someone with the same thing twice. But maybe it was two different doctors, and the second one didn't know about the first diagnosis.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jun 2016, 11:31 pm

starkid wrote:
Unfortunate_Aspie_ wrote:
starkid wrote:

I meant that it's weird that doctors would give anyone both of those diagnoses because they are so similar, it's almost like diagnosing someone with the same thing twice. But maybe it was two different doctors, and the second one didn't know about the first diagnosis.
I was told I have Aspergers & Dyslexia by the same psych. Dyslexia is a form of NVLD that's not too uncommon with Aspergers.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

uthgtr
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2016, 5:01 pm

Yeah:
1. Depression, unspecified
2. Mood Disorder
3. Panic Disorder
4. Tic Disorder, unspecified
3. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
4. ADHD
5. Asperger's Syndrome (without developmental disability)
6. Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder
7. Generalized Anxiety Disorder (w/ severe Social Anxiety)
8. Sensory Processing Disorder (w/ Misophonia)

Last edited by uthgtr on 21 Oct 2016, 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pravda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Oct 2016, 5:03 pm

Asperger's syndrome
Chronic depression, possibly bipolar based on family history but I'd need another episode to confirm it
Generalized anxiety disorder
Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Agoraphobia
Possible narcissistic tendencies, admittedly

That's five diagnoses and one disorder I've noticed I tick a pretty high number of boxes for. So, yeah.

Don't believe the gender tag. I was born intersex and identify as queer, girl-leaning. So while I can sometimes present as an effeminate guy, that's less than half the time and if anything I'd prefer it say "female" of the two choices offered. I can't change it though, it's bugged.

Last edited by Pravda on 21 Oct 2016, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aurora borealis
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2016, 6:35 pm

1. Social phobia - which is much better now, but it's a work-in-progress really; it won't just go away completely.

2. Agoraphobia (although I can go out every day now, but I used to stay inside for weeks or months at a time)

3. Major depressive disorder - only diagnosed three or four years ago, despite it being observable since I was much younger. But I grew up with someone who was very ignorant of mental illness, so it was never spoken about, even with the clinical psychologist I saw when I was 14.

4. Motor dysgraphia - my handwriting is basically one big mass of being unable to distinguish between a written lowercase "s" and a written lowercase "g" unless I really concentrate, I cross a lot of Ls instead of crossing the Ts, have to write at a funny angle and generally experience a lot of strain in my wrist when I do have to write large amounts. I try to stick to my own laptop too - I can't type properly on other keyboards, even ones with the same layout as my own. I even throw pens at people every single time I have a lesson in college. There's a lot of other stuff going on with it, but those are my main issues at this time in my life.

I'm also claustrophobic. It sounds ridiculous, when you think about it, but small, enclosed spaces make me panic - I'll walk up five flights of stairs at college and be half dead at the end of it, just to avoid the lifts. I don't like rooms without windows. Even when my agoraphobia was really bad, I still needed a window. When it does flare though, I do sometimes sit in the bathroom (no windows) with the lights off - thankfully, however, it doesn't happen too often these days. I quite like going out. Claustrophobia is the bigger issue.

My depression is all over the place at the minute. I'll go weeks needing every single minute of sleep I can get, and then I'll get so enthusiastic for life and not want to sleep (although I do, but I sleep so much less) and just do productive and stimulating things all day and all night, whilst all the time remaining somewhat irritable. I've had a counsellor suggest type 2 bipolar disorder this week, but I don't know. I'm worried about bipolar, because I'd probably have to start taking meds (I hate taking pills of any variety) so things don't get the chance to escalate again. I've been reading about hypomania and it sounds scarily like what I experienced prior to my last "proper" depressive episode.

I'm going to be assessed for autism at the end of this month, and I'm hoping the team I'm seeing will also be able to assess me for ADHD (inattentive type). I hate labels, but sometimes we need them - especially if we need accommodations at school/college or work.

Autism assessment coming in late October.
Politically right, but open to other viewpoints. Not a pain in the neck Conservative voter.
Functionalist at heart, but quite like studying Marx.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 6:53 pm

uthgtr wrote:
Yeah:
2. Mood Disorder
3. Panic Disorder
4. ADHD

Wow, all of those? Did they diagnose you with both GAD and Social Anxiety Disorder? And did someone give you an official diagnosis of Misophonia?! I thought it wasn't an officially recognized diagnosis yet.

uthgtr
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2016, 7:00 pm

starkid wrote:
uthgtr wrote:
Yeah:
2. Mood Disorder
3. Panic Disorder
4. ADHD

Wow, all of those? Did they diagnose you with both GAD and Social Anxiety Disorder? And did someone give you an official diagnosis of Misophonia?! I thought it wasn't an officially recognized diagnosis yet.

Both my psychiatrist and I tacked on "misophonia" to the sensory processing issue, even though it's not an official diagnosis. Also, I was diagnosed with GAD with social anxiety secondary to it. It was glaringly obvious from when I was very young. I also forgot to add "narcolepsy w/o cataplexy" to the list. I just got diagnosed with that last week. Interestingly enough, I was able to function at a very high level until about 6 months ago.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 10:49 pm

I have four disorders, the sleeping one I obviously know what's up since I was a kid since I've been an insomniac forever and can physically sense that screwing me up all my life. I found out the other three over the last decade when life spat me into the ravine, I'm also the type of guy who will not believe there's anything wrong with me so finding out from people who know what they're on about that I have them was challenging. I am slowly learning more about them and how they all bounce off one another.

bluevector
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Oct 2016, 4:48 am

ASD (traits)
Agoraphobia
Anxiety
Depression
PTSD
And a few others that I don't feel comfortable sharing :)

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 7:19 am

Yeah, I am dx'd with more than three. I think the list still includes: PDD-NOS, OCD, GAD, and PTSD/DID. I think psychosis nos might still be on the list, but it might not be as well... not sure. I have been dx'd with schizophrenia, rapid cycle bipolar and clinical depression but they have been removed. I am not dx'd with selective mutism, but I have dealt with this before. I think that's everything.

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Oct 2016, 10:27 pm

Greetings. Yes, I am. I have 4 for sure, but possible 2 more.

In order of functioning:
1. Social anxiety disorder
2. ASD - level 1
3. GAD
4. Mild LD - memory and fine motor skills

Two that either are diagnosed or not:
1. OCD
2. Panic disorder

I also believe I have APD. I may have hearing loss instead. Not sure though.

Dx Autism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1, learning disability - memory and fine motor skills, generalized and social anxiety disorder
Unsure if diagnosed with OCD and/or depression, but were talked about with my old/former pdoc and doctor.

Criteria for my learning disability is found at this link:
http://www.ldao.ca/wp-content/uploads/LDAO-Recommended-Practices-for-Assessment-Diagnosis-Documentation-of-LDs1.pdf

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 6:06 pm

TheSilentOne wrote:
starkid wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
I have PDD-NOS, Schizoid Personality Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, OCD, and Major Depressive Disorder.

Was that two different doctors who diagnosed you with PDD-NOS and schizoid PD?

Yes, it was. I was diagnosed with the PDD-NOS when I was 3 by a social worker and the Schizoid Personality Disorder by my regular therapist when I was 18.

Do you agree that you have Schizoid PD?