Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

north404
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jul 2016, 8:56 pm

Because of how much life sucks, because of how autism is preventing you from "freely" living a life you can enjoy?

I'm not religious but sometimes I do just wonder/hope that there is an after life. A second chance at life; ideally as a whole new person. Sometimes I just get upset acknowledging that this state is what I'm stuck with for the rest of my life. It bothers me that this is probably all there is ...

I don't mean to exclude other horrible things that goes on in this world (victims of bombings/shootings, or the lives of those struggling in third world countries, or anyone that experiences an unexpected tragedy, etc.) but I feel like my birth was a tragedy lol. It seems like I was destined to be this way and never even at least adapt appropriately with my condition; I'll always remain unhappy and ever since I've acknowledged autism, I've just been experiencing a burnout for the past 6 months - my life is going downhill, even with the assistance of therapy. I know I probably sound unreasonable, but I feel that this is all unfair. I wish there was more to this; I'd really like to believe there's some sort of alternate universe.

I posted in this forum just because maybe it's truly just a warped thought stemming from another psychological condition.

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2016, 4:24 am

I can relate. I feel entitled to a better life without Autism.

There are many evil forces such as racists, sexists, homophobes, etc. but the greatest evil, the root of these ills, is nature. There is no force as bigoted, oppressive, and evil as nature itself. It gives rise to evil thoughts, not intentionally but permits them to come into existence.

It is a human right, as much as it is to have a home, food, and freedom to also be free from illness, pain, and disease.
May a cure be found someday!

-Johnnyh

MadeinHisimage
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2016, 4:42 am

When I was a child, I said that I wished I had never been born.
Somebody later said I had wanted to die.
I had never said that. I didn't think dying would solve the problem;
I was (And still am) a Christian, but as a child, I found it impossible to imagine a future without autism. I wondered how I would like heaven if there were angels with flapping wings and music, when those things always set me off into meltdowns?

As a pre-teen, I felt offended when people told me autism was for life. I just wished I could feel what it was like to not be autistic! Why did I have to be doomed to life with autism? Nobody else seemed to understand this feeling.

I spent my teenaged years trying to convince myself God had healed me.

There was a moment as an adult where I was angry at God for making me this way! "Why, of all things, do I have to be an extrovert with terrible social skills and social anxiety?"

But now, I love my life. I thank God that my SPD has significantly lessened, but other things have changed too.
I see autism as part of who I am, despite all the suffering it caused and still causes every day. I love having the opportunity to get excited about special interests, to appreciate the beauty in stories the way I do, to follow my passions and to give back to the world, to engage with people and to love. I have something only one in 80 people ever get to experience! There are terrible, depressed, anxious, why can't I get anything right moments; but there are so many good moments that they outweigh the bad. My life is worth living.

Hold on, Life can still be worth living with autism, it took me years to find that out. :D

PS. I'm sure in heaven there will be no bad parts of autism, but there may be the good parts.

taygeta
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jul 2016, 11:54 pm

Yeah I remember the first time I felt it. I basically came up with the theory of the Matrix when I was in 2nd grade (hadn't seen the movie, still haven't actually).

I was in class one day and we were all sitting on the floor in front of the teacher. We were talking about the "Six Pillars of Character" (trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, etc.) and she was going through each of them one by one and asking us what we thought it meant. I had a lot to say on the topic, personally. Every time she would ask something my hand would shoot up and then I would go on and on about what I thought "fairness" meant. Eventually, after my billionth time raising my hand, she said something along the lines of "let's let somebody answer now" (teacherspeak for stfu and let the dumb kids talk). So I did. And it was excruciating.

These people weren't even on the same LEVEL as me. Did they even care? "Uh, I dunno, maybe respect is like, being nice to people?" It made my brain hurt. What are these people? Are they even real? I began to feel as though they were some sort of automatons, as if I was stuck in a video game and I was the only one that was real. I spent the rest of the day terrified that I was stuck in some sort of dream or computer game, that reality was all a giant illusion and the people around me were all on autopilot. A pretty sobering realization for a 2nd grader, frankly, and that feeling has been with me ever since.

TheOtherMaidOfTarth

03 Aug 2016, 1:26 pm

north404 wrote:
I feel like my birth was a tragedy lol.

I feel like mine was an accident. I guess that's only natural what with me being a bastard. But still I wonder, why? Why did it have to happen? Why was I born? Perversely my mum is a Christian so I would wonder if maybe I was a punishment for her sin.

It's less the autism/Aspergers that makes me feel cheated at a life and more the anxiety disorder that's the co-morbid condition (I think it's a co-morbid anyway...).

Quote:
I'd really like to believe there's some sort of alternate universe.

I'm always thinking about alternate universes. Always.

AspieFilmMaker
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Aug 2016, 5:08 pm

north404 wrote:
Because of how much life sucks, because of how autism is preventing you from "freely" living a life you can enjoy?

I'm not religious but sometimes I do just wonder/hope that there is an after life. A second chance at life; ideally as a whole new person. Sometimes I just get upset acknowledging that this state is what I'm stuck with for the rest of my life. It bothers me that this is probably all there is ...

I don't mean to exclude other horrible things that goes on in this world (victims of bombings/shootings, or the lives of those struggling in third world countries, or anyone that experiences an unexpected tragedy, etc.) but I feel like my birth was a tragedy lol. It seems like I was destined to be this way and never even at least adapt appropriately with my condition; I'll always remain unhappy and ever since I've acknowledged autism, I've just been experiencing a burnout for the past 6 months - my life is going downhill, even with the assistance of therapy. I know I probably sound unreasonable, but I feel that this is all unfair. I wish there was more to this; I'd really like to believe there's some sort of alternate universe.

I posted in this forum just because maybe it's truly just a warped thought stemming from another psychological condition.

Search up 'DMT'. Many people who have tried it have come away from it with a completely new outlook on life. The general consensus is that this reality we call life is definitely not our true reality. Here, we are limited majorly and only compare to about 5% of true nature. It is something I have definitely decided to do within the next year.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 5:41 pm

At times but for different reason....I can't believe this 2016 election, I mean sometimes I wish to wake up to find it was all just a dream, but nope it's actually happening. And I am at a loss, I can't vote for Trump or Hillary...so how the f*** am I supposed to vote. Though before this sometimes I always wondered if I'd ever wake up as a child again and all my current experiences beyond childhood have just been a dream I'll wake from.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 5:44 pm

AspieFilmMaker wrote:
north404 wrote:

Search up 'DMT'. Many people who have tried it have come away from it with a completely new outlook on life. The general consensus is that this reality we call life is definitely not our true reality. Here, we are limited majorly and only compare to about 5% of true nature. It is something I have definitely decided to do within the next year.

DMT is quite the psychedelic, I've tried it once...however I've heard how intense it can become, so for my first time I decided to keep my eyes open rather than closing them and totally going into the experience. It made things look very interesting and smoke coming from cigarettes and incense was really awesome to look at. But the way it comes on is very interesting it's like one second you're in this reality hitting a pipe, next second you're in a dream and gotta hand that pipe to someone else because you don't even feel like a solid being capable of holding it anymore.

AspieFilmMaker
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Aug 2016, 8:30 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
AspieFilmMaker wrote:
north404 wrote:

DMT is quite the psychedelic, I've tried it once...however I've heard how intense it can become, so for my first time I decided to keep my eyes open rather than closing them and totally going into the experience. It made things look very interesting and smoke coming from cigarettes and incense was really awesome to look at. But the way it comes on is very interesting it's like one second you're in this reality hitting a pipe, next second you're in a dream and gotta hand that pipe to someone else because you don't even feel like a solid being capable of holding it anymore.

Wow! Did you meet any of the entities people talk about? See any impossible geometries?

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2016, 8:04 pm

This is your reality.
Do not let others tell you how it should be.
You have the choice to live your life the way you want it.

Many people will judge you and tell you to do things the 'normal' way.
I made the choice to pretend that harmful people are ghosts (they can call out to me).
And when I ignore them completely they can't handle it. They think I "Have to" talk to them (under their social rules one must talk to everyone, even their enemies).

nobodycaresaboutme
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Sep 2016, 9:20 pm

life is the same as a dream

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 9:41 pm

As a child, i didn't want to grow up (mostly because I was born an old man, as well as growing up too fast).

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 10:17 pm

Lucidity can be devastating. Most humans can't survive (mentally) without a degree of self-delusion.

ResilientBrilliance
Toucan
Toucan

13 Oct 2016, 1:16 pm

taygeta wrote:

These people weren't even on the same LEVEL as me. Did they even care? "Uh, I dunno, maybe respect is like, being nice to people?" It made my brain hurt. What are these people? Are they even real? I began to feel as though they were some sort of automatons, as if I was stuck in a video game and I was the only one that was real. I spent the rest of the day terrified that I was stuck in some sort of dream or computer game, that reality was all a giant illusion and the people around me were all on autopilot. A pretty sobering realization for a 2nd grader, frankly, and that feeling has been with me ever since.

I've read this "video game" theory online before on other forums. It's interesting you thought that as a little kid in second grade. I have never felt like that in my life. I think being in a video game sounds nice actually...The one I'm in isn't any fun though which kind of defeats the purpose of a video game.

Sometimes I have observed people and/or listened to their dumb ideas, and felt like a totally different creature from them. I remember thinking that my classmates moved and acted like zombies...Slowly and with very little thought. It's like I've always noticed things that other people didn't notice. Or maybe they noticed but didn't dwell on them like me. I chalked this up to me having a scientific mind. I still think that's true, but I also understand that I'm "lacking" the ability to understand social behaviors.

davidmcg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2016, 1:37 pm

I've thought about this a lot. When I was religious, I came to this conclusion as I started looking at the bible symbolically. I'm not religious anymore, but part of me still believes this to be true.

All of us pre-existed in heaven as individual angels, but after we were arrested (see Mat 24:31 and Mar 13:27 and Isaiah 24:20-22) for rebelling against god, our spiritual being was taken through a "time tunnel" where all previous memory was wiped out, and then we are "transferred" into linear earth time and assigned to embryos in the wombs of our parents (the birth and death of each individual is predestined based upon their actions up in heaven and the condition of their heart towards the Creator who made them in the first place). It seemed so obvious to me yet no-one could see it. Virtually nobody considered this, nobody had any comprehension of this and nobody really even thought about this possibility. Yet I do still feel this is a possibility in my own mind as it's the only thing that explains to me why we are here and why there is so much violence and hatred in the world. It started when I was trying to work out why there was so much under-lying hatred towards our fellow human beings, then it clicked.

Human beings are the fallen angels who were thrown out and cast down to earth. Literally. That is why the Bible teaches that men and women are born sinners.

All through the bible, many times, Jesus himself talked about the stars or angels falling from heaven. This is a major topic in Scripture. It is mentioned all through the Bible, especially in the book of Revelation, where it talks about the serpent's tail sweeping the "third part of the stars" (or angels) from heaven, and casting them to earth (see Rev 6:13,8:12 and the all of chapter 12). I thought (and still sort of do) that those angels are you and I along with the rest of the human race. The serpent that casts the angels from heaven is the same serpent that caused Adam and Eve to fall in the garden paradise (which represents heaven).

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

17 Oct 2016, 5:51 pm

I'm not autistic just depressed and hate this planet and I feel like the world is some kind of sick joke. Life is s**t, politics are s**t, economy is s**t, education is s**t, medical care is s**t, 1% of the population is literally sucking the lives out of the rest of us. How is this democracy even? It's more like some medieval times. We're peasants kept in check by Credit Scores while the New Aristocracy does whatever they want. Two sets of laws too: one for them, one for us. I'm constantly waiting that I will wake up and it'll be like "OK, test is over, you can go back to normal life".