Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Bubblehead76
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Mar 2017, 3:45 pm

Hey Everyone,

I have been seeing a therapist for a few months and he diagnosed me with OCD, Paranoia and Depression. I was on Zoloft but I quit taking it because it made me feel dull. Okay, I get the OCD thing. I do things in three, I have to sweep the whole house at least once a day, and have crazy paranoid thoughts of harm coming to my family unless I repeat certain things to make it go away. What I don't understand is why I have so many meltdowns where I get physically violent. There are patched holes in the wall, and destroyed items throughout my history. I feel like I am not a violent person except when the meltdown occurs which here lately happens almost everyday. I feel like I cannot cope with the everyday social criteria that makes you a husband and father. To best describe it, I feel like a dog that has been petted too many times and just needs to be left alone. I love my family, I mean they are everything to me. :?: Oh, I also have no friends nor want any. I finally told my therapist about me staring at the F on the gas gauge and waiting to see when the needle will go under the full mark when I am driving. I feel like it should never go under full or there is anxiety that I will start drastically start losing my gas. I don't like combing my hair or taking a shower either. I really hate authority too. :?:
Thanks.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 9:36 am

SSRI's are gonna make you feel dull and have sexual dysfunction. You have to decide which is worse, the side effects or your uncontrolled OCD/meltdowns.

There are other treatment options out there but unless you are ready to inform yourself on these options and advocate for yourself, you have a 99% chance to have another SSRI like Zoloft at you by your doctor. You reallly should reconsider trying medication again whether it is Zoloft or something else.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Mar 2017, 7:39 pm

You could go back to your doc/psych & ask to try a different med than Zoloft & tell em about the side-effects you were having. Different people respond to meds differently & so it's a trial & error process to find the rite ones.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition