Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2017, 11:08 pm

Supposedly something that those with psychosis are prone to doing but in my experience pdocs/other professionals are often prone to this. There is a marked tendency to arrive at conclusions without really getting to know you as a person and paying due attention to what you have to tell them.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2017, 10:17 pm

agreed!

also, forcing a specific conclusion because it works for their agenda.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 9:23 pm

yes, some counselors and other precious little "people" have done that to me. (fine).

but, quite frankly, it is necessary to make decisions based on incomplete data. and sometimes it is not practical or possible to obtain all the data that could relate to an available choice.

having said that, yes, plenty of counselors and other precious little "people" acted biased against me. they acted like they had ulterior motives.

:jester: :ninja: :mrgreen:

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 2:27 am

So true. A shrink diagnosed me with a personality disorder after only two or three 45-minute sessions. She didn't even take a patient history.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 8:41 pm

"So true. A shrink diagnosed me with a personality disorder after only two or three 45-minute sessions. She didn't even take a patient history."

granted, i do not know your situation. and i am not trying to defend the shrink.

however, sometimes the insurance puts strict limits on the number of sessions a shrink can interact with a client for. and the insurance pressures the shrink to overdiagnose. b/c sometimes the shrink has to give out diagnoses, in order for the insurance to grant a certain number of psychotherapy sessions.
____________________________________________________________________________________

having said that, i feel just as neglected and trivial.

@ the department of rehab, the counselor told me to go to a psychologist to take a multiple choice personality test. the psychologist handed me the test and told me to go into another room. that was the first, last, and only interaction the psychologist had with me.

and they diagnosed 6 out of 10 personality disorders.

the diagnostic report said that i was "dressed casually". :roll:

b/c they had so little interaction with me, they knew nothing besides i was "dressed casually".

f**k department of rehab.

for the Aspergers diagnosis, it was 2 or 3 interactions. he administered an IQ test. took about 10 hours total.

but of course i do not know the standard diagnostic protocol. (fine).

but seriously? @ age 21, wasting 10 hours with someone is enough to diagnose a developmental disablity?

cognitive ethnography

to think, in Cognitive Science (my academic major), sometimes cognitive ethnographers go observe the subjects in their own environments.

field study

the environments of the subjects. (people they are studying).