Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

FLorence95
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jul 2018, 8:42 am

I am making a research on the influence of vaping and smoking on mental health. I'd like to find out is there any difference in the nervous system between using conventional cigarettes and nicotine liquids in e-cigarettes.
I have gone through some popular sources and found plenty of information. The Guardian, for example, says that patients with mental health problems are far more likely than others to become dependent on cigarettes. Can 'vaping' reduce symptoms without the risks? The VapingDaily says this 'the positive effects that vaping has on Mental Health Conditions easily outweigh the negatives. With plenty of stories and past experiences displaying how it has helped so many people fight their Conditions and make it through such a terrible time'.
And now I want to ask people who faced any problems after smoking or vaping or quitting smoking. Do you connect these problems with these things?

jeremy1069
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jul 2018, 8:56 pm

Hi there. I've never been a smoker, but I have a close friend who vapes all the time. He used to smoke a lot of cigarettes, but vapes basically the same amount. It has the same effect as being hooked on cigarettes. Only difference is the smoke is vapor, has flavor, different scent, etc. Might be easier on the lungs, but it has the same addictive effect as traditional cigarettes from what I can tell.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 7:01 pm

Vaping is way, way better than smoking. It's generally considered safer by medical authorities and from personal experience - I feel way more toxic after smoking real cigarettes than after having vaped. Regular cigarettes have tons more dodgy ingredients in them than e-cigarette liquid does and furthermore - the byproducts of burning tobacco are worse than the burning of e-liquid.

This thread made me vape for the first time in months.

Katie0405
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Aug 2018, 6:46 am

Stay away from both if you can. :)