Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ALADDIN_1978
Raven
Raven

16 May 2020, 8:38 am

I have borderline asperger syndrome and ADHD.

I have dyspraxia, ADHD and aspergers traits.

I taught myself to have a strong mind for making decisions, thinking and show empathy.

By accident, I have found out have ADHD.

Psychiatrists have told me that I have ADHD.

Is there a relationship between borderline asperger syndrome and ADHD ?

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

28 May 2020, 1:47 am

Hmm interesting...
Of what I know is, that borderline is somehow very close to aspergers (in girls espeically). And this often leads to wrong diagnoses in girls with aspergers here in europe at least. If I look at the criterias of borderline, I could easily get diagnosed with it, eventho it couldn't be possible for me to be borderline. I have AS for sure! :lol: ADHD same thing I guess. It is in some ways very close... Sometimes I feel like I do have ADHD, sometimes I don't. And at the end it all leads to AS.. Asperger is still the core of all of it(for me). But if you turn it around, people with Borderline or ADHD often clearly DON'T have Aspergers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 6:40 am

When two things have somewhat similar symptom sets it would make sense that there would be overlap in how they present. ADHD (especially ADHD-PI) and ASD are both associated with poor executive function.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 7:21 pm

A link? Yes

Aspergers can often be misdiagnosed as ADHD. I was given that misdiagnosis when I was a kid. To make things a little more complicated, ADHD also will accompany Asperger syndrome often too.