Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 12:31 am

I am suspicious that I have Schizophrenia, because I had delusions and hallucinations from my early childhood and when I was suspected of having some form of Pervasive Developmental Disorder, there was a report that I had odd, bizarre believes and unhealthy fantasies of friends.

That I talked to the animals and stuff like that.

It was very bizarre.

I also was paranoid about scary dark as well.

It was unhealthy paranoia.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 4:08 am

Have you tried talking to a doctor or psychiatrist about this?

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 11:46 am

Not, yet, but I am going to talk about my concerns soon to my psychiatrist and psychologist.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 11:56 am

In some cases, where an individual is highly functioning, the child, due to lack of intellectual stimuli and friends,
may invent a highly imaginative and rich inner world, where the use of imagination can be more than perhaps even nt children of the same age.

This is contrary to how some kids with ASD have little or poor imagination.

I guess it is not unlike the single child who lacks company and stimulation, invents an imaginary friend to play with.

I don't think i had imaginary friends but i certainly was extremely imaginative and often lived in a day dream / world of my own. I believe this is what clinical psychologists refer to as a rich and imaginative inner world.

:-) anyway, I am off to play with my friends the smurfs... in smurf land.... of course.... :roll: :mrgreen: yippeee!