Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2022, 7:14 pm

Im having a hard time lately. I do not understand what is happening to me. Something isn't right but Im not sure what it is. Im having a hard time with how I see the world. I think Im having an existential crisis or something. I do not know who I am and its very disorienting. Sometimes its very clear who I am and other times it is very fuzzy. I think this is something different than Schizophrenia.

I do things and I understand what's going on in my life most of the time. I have control. But Im struggling with how I view myself sometimes. I sometimes do not agree with what I see in the mirror. I look different than that sometimes. I see myself more as more figurative sometimes like I do not exist fully. I can't understand why I feel this way.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 9:09 am

Yeah, I often feel the same too. I have Schizophrenia also.

Depersonalization and derealization is a possible cause from what you describe, and isn't uncommon in Schizophrenia. I guess you could read up on that. Maybe a specific delusion too, but that's rarer and somewhat different to what you describe.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 12:22 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
Im having a hard time lately. I do not understand what is happening to me. Something isn't right but Im not sure what it is. Im having a hard time with how I see the world. I think Im having an existential crisis or something. I do not know who I am and its very disorienting. Sometimes its very clear who I am and other times it is very fuzzy. I think this is something different than Schizophrenia.

I do things and I understand what's going on in my life most of the time. I have control. But Im struggling with how I view myself sometimes. I sometimes do not agree with what I see in the mirror. I look different than that sometimes. I see myself more as more figurative sometimes like I do not exist fully. I can't understand why I feel this way.

I kind of relate to the mirror thing. I don't have schizophrenia but I do have dissociative identity disorder and I don't always see what I think I should see.

I hope you feel better soon.