Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 9:54 am

It's just I have Autism Spectrum Disorder and I get confused when some people say that police won't kill me just because I am mentally ill and others say that I should not call the police, just because they say that a lot of people with Bipolar and Related Disorders get killed by police, and some of them say never admit anything to the police, but deep inside I am having pathological and psychological highs and lows, and just don't feel well. (He said, she said situation).

The problem is that every time I call 911 when struggling with mental health crisis, the police comes, not the ambulance.

Those people are such scared like cats cats, to be honest with you.
I don't think ASD Level of support is accurate to me, because now my symptoms of ASD looks like ASD level 2 and now 3, because I have serious mental health crisis related to Bipolar Disorder, but to a milder degree.
I also learned another social skills to deal with police that are not trained to handle people with serious mental health crisis, as a back up, so it wont go down to hot water caused by so much confusion.

This is what I do:

That is because I don't want to scare the police officer if I showed abnormal and intense repetitive behaviors and obvious mood changes related to Bipolar Disorder.
This is what I did, I mask all of those behaviors and do poker face, and seep out all the symptoms of Bipolar Disorder I suffer from by making lists clinical symptoms I meet the related diagnostic criteria for Bipolar Disorder.

At first the police officer kept speaking too loud without meaning to, and I seeped out sensory issues I had and told him to talk more quietly, he did and tried his best to talk more quietly, and sometimes he talks too loud, but I don't mind it, because he reminded himself to speak more quietly. it went very well.

I wanted to explain why my interaction with the police is actually not that bad actually. I just need to use my social skills appropriately and do what the officer says for my safety and theirs.

And after all of the same explanation that my social skills are good when interacting with police officers, they still scare me into not calling 911 ever, and it sounds really stupid, and whom am I supposed to call when I have serious mental health crisis? Those people are confusing me to the core.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 2:42 am

more likely I could see them not understanding your philosophizing over your delusions and you end up at the local Bedlam. Not saying its likely, just more likely

I think Fnord got scared once and wanted you to commit yourself?

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 9:51 am

That makes sense.

I like dealing with law enforcement and I study them as if I am a psychologist, so I learn what not to do when they talk to me. I hope that it is not risky.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 10:37 am

you are a psychologist.

every psychologist in here is broke as f**k

we do this s**t for the love of the music.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 10:49 am

I am not a psychologist, I just have restricted interest in psychology.