Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 12:43 pm

I don't know if you are delusional to be honest. I just put that I thought you was because I was telling you what you seemed to want to hear and I was in a flippant mood.

I think I know two things about you though and that is that you do seem to be quite a polite person and you don't seem to exhibit superficial/glib charm either and both of those things would point to you NOT having Npd.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 12:46 pm

I do understand that, I have a lot of maladaptive OCD and traits of dysphoria about my mental health, I sometimes looked myself in the mirror and my face looks distorted sometimes.

I only have a diagnosis of Autism, Mild Intellectual Developmental Disorder, ADHD and Bipolar Disorder, but I sometimes get called very grandiose and abusive by my ex friends, as if I have a god complex and that makes my anxiety worse, because no matter how many times you guys tried to explain to me that I am not toxic enough to have Narcissistic Personality Disorder, I still believe that I might have it, based on what my ex friends told me, I made up my mind and I don't want to get confused again. How can I fix this? I need help!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 12:50 pm

I think that your current diagnoses are probably enough to explain your behavior. When people are manic, they can be grandiose and self-centered.

If you had NPD, you wouldn’t care or worry about it. Ever. Period.

You probably need to talk about this to a therapist or doctor.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 12:55 pm

That makes sense. Thank you! I think my ex friends are using my disability as an insult to make me more anxious and make me believe mental disorders that I think I have, but don't have, and I think I should ignore my ex friends, that gaslight me, by a lot.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 1:13 pm

FranzOren wrote:
I do understand that, I have a lot of maladaptive OCD and traits of dysphoria about my mental health, I sometimes looked myself in the mirror and my face looks distorted sometimes.

I only have a diagnosis of Autism, Mild Intellectual Developmental Disorder, ADHD and Bipolar Disorder, but I sometimes get called very grandiose and abusive by my ex friends, as if I have a god complex and that makes my anxiety worse, because no matter how many times you guys tried to explain to me that I am not toxic enough to have Narcissistic Personality Disorder, I still believe that I might have it, based on what my ex friends told me, I made up my mind and I don't want to get confused again. How can I fix this? I need help!

I'm glad you called them your ex friends. My ex stepmother used to call me evil (the religious definition) she even got a Catholic priest round to bless the house and she had religious statues everywhere. I did experience psychosis at one pint where I believed I was Satan fir a while and that's who I saw in the mirror too.

I think the moral of this story is to move away from toxic influences in your life and that is what you seemed to have done so all power to you.

I think your next step is to start thinking of yourself in a more positive light. You have autism, adhd, ocd. Those are more than enough for anyone to have to deal with. Just focus on those things and try to not be influenced by what unqualified people are telling you.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 1:32 pm

Thank you!

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 1:56 pm

FranzOren wrote:
I think I should ignore my ex friends, that gaslight me, by a lot.

That is always a good idea to ignore ex friends who gaslight you :)

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 2:03 pm

KitLily wrote:
FranzOren wrote:
I think I should ignore my ex friends, that gaslight me, by a lot.

That is always a good idea to ignore ex friends who gaslight you :)

Thank you!

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 2:05 pm

I find it very hard to know who is a genuine friend and who is just making fun of me, so it's good you can determine which is which. Good for you! :)

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 3:07 pm

Thank you!