Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2019, 5:15 am

Teach51 wrote:

Surely the voice of sanity should be the unconditional acceptance and tolerance of all religions, sexual orientations, diversities, political beliefs, races and disabilities. The left tolerating the right and atheists tolerating religious belief included.Has to be a two way street. Otherwise we are all lost.

If only the right would practice what they preach. They don't want a two way street though.

http://mcpin.org/
https://www.mqmentalhealth.org/

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 133 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Teach51
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2019, 5:58 am

Yes. Tolerance seems to be out of fashion these days on the entire political spectrum.

KT67
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jun 2019, 6:07 am

Yeah someone said I'm into women because I was abused...

First time I kissed a girl was 7, first time I fancied a girl was 11. I got abused at 13.

So obviously the abuse didn't make me bi...

I like women because they're hot. I like pretty boys because they're hot. I don't like your average cis guy because stubble, body hair and muscle isn't a turn on to me and that's what the better looking average cis guys look like.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2019, 9:08 am

KT67 wrote:
Someone once told me that I am into women because I have been 'brainwashed'. He also said that I 'should' be gay. I think that he was just desperate.

Teach51
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2019, 9:44 am

Fnord wrote:
KT67 wrote:
Someone once told me that I am into women because I have been 'brainwashed'. He also said that I 'should' be gay. I think that he was just desperate.

Oooh someone had the hots for your cute tush Fnord! ( wolf whistle)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2019, 10:09 am

I'd rather a woman have the hots for my tush---than a man!

In my early 20's, many men fancied me---and not so many women. That was pretty darn frustrating!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2019, 10:14 am

Teach51 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
KT67 wrote:
Oooh someone had the hots for your cute tush Fnord! ( wolf whistle )
I would have been flattered -- even interested -- if it had been a woman.
Dude didn't even look like a lady.

KT67
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jun 2019, 11:12 am

Fnord wrote:
KT67 wrote:

Not the same unless you were in a cult or something.

They do say it to male child abuse victims too though. Apparently if a guy raped you as a kid, it makes you gay. Regardless of if you're a boy or a girl... Funny how it has opposite effects on males and females.

What is the same in mine and your experiences with comments is that in both cases it was probably a 'how could you not fancy me' arrogant assumption.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2019, 1:53 pm

Not many posts sounds homophobic

And I am trans

Define "homophobic"

Some precious lil "people" correctly told me that they did was remark on my clothes or hair

He made it to like, as a result, he must not have been homophobic

But he "refused to call you by your boys name". He had the nerve to tell me that it was "lying" for me to ask him to call me "he" instead of "she"

2006 San Diego, civil engineer, mister redelings

He does get credit for not commenting on my appearance

But not enough credit, to not be homophobic

:mrgreen:

"You make people uncomfortable with the way you dress!", The penis had the nerve to tell me

:roll:

Everyone makes people uncomfortable with the way they dress

So what, he's "uncomfortable"? He dealt with his discomfort the best way he knew how. :evil: repression :mrgreen:

He was not as homophobic as people that kill gays

But he is still homophobic, according to counselor Jeanne Courtney

:mrgreen:

KT67
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jun 2019, 3:20 pm

Yeah there are degrees of it.

Doesn't make the lower level stuff ok and it does shift the Overton window on the issue.

But it's all relative.

Thing is, we aspies don't tend to use 'dog whistles'. We don't tend to say things meaning something worse like some NTs do. I'm stereotyping here but in general we don't. So for eg I've said some racist things in the past which I didn't realise were as racist as I said them because I was being literal and other people (NTs) would say them as code. And we can't always read through the codes, either.

epilanthanomai
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jun 2019, 4:12 pm

Bread and Roses wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else find these forums contain some of the most virulent hatred outside of explicitly far right forums??

It's way worse than I prefer, but not the worst I've seen. Most of what I see is people accidentally saying some pretty terrible things not because they directly wish harm on LGBT people, but because they genuinely don't realize how harmful the things they're saying are. That's better IMO than people actively being hateful (which I've seen here, but pretty rarely). Still, it's super frustrating, and it's enough for me to warn my autistic LGBT friends away from the forum.

JD12345
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jun 2019, 2:58 am

Bigotry against such people is hardly fringe, even in the liberal Western world. Bigotry of any form tends to stand out, thus even if 5% (or 1-in-20) of this forum is bigoted against such groups then it will probably seem like a lot.