Does anyone here identify as nonbinary?

Page 4 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 1:36 pm

I define myself as being a floating consciousness, observing the world. In terms of my self-concept, it feels like I'm a brain with no physical self. It could be from my poor interoception or maybe I'm a little existentialist. I don't think it defines my gender identity, but my body feels like it's extraneous baggage -- unessential to the "real" me in my head.

I look feminine. I dress very feminine because I like the feel of skirts. I identify as a woman but at my core I'm really just a bunch of thoughts and sensory feelings. None of the rest matters to me.

SandWitch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jun 2021, 7:53 pm

I'm trans nonbinary. I don't know how or if the discourse or views of the others on this platform are trans friendly, but I'm glad I found this thread.

I'm diagnosed with gender dysphoria and have been working with my gender therapist and am starting hormones soon. So I'm nervous yet excited to finally start my journey.

Name change and gender marker change is something I'm working on, but it's really expensive so will take more time for me.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 2:45 am

Does anyone know when the non-binary option in this forum became available?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:21 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Does anyone know when the non-binary option in this forum became available?

I honestly have no idea. Within the past week or two I think I've seen some newer members with it as their gender, which is how I found out about it.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:33 pm

Deep down, in my core yes.

But in expression and to the world, I just don't care if someone thinks I'm a female CIS. :lol:

It just really happened that I'm born a female, surrounded and raised by females for most of my life, most friends and relations are also females, most contacts are still mostly females, and most of my guides are females...

My circumstances seems to be ideal for most females or being one.

But on the inside? :lol: It's just the body and knowing it's nuisances. It's just the senses and perceptions of it's appearance.
It's just what I know and how I know of -- it's mostly just input and output.

Lose more time here.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:38 pm

Edna3362 wrote:

But in expression and to the world, I just don't care if someone thinks I'm a female CIS. :lol:

That's so well put I'm stealing it. :mrgreen:
But no one's likely to mistake me for female.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

All4Fee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jul 2021, 8:59 pm

I am 53 and I identify as non-binary. I dislike being called a 'woman'. My sex is female, but I love being mistaken for a man. I don't necessarily identify as a man, though. There are too many negative attributes for male and female. I am in between. Being in the middle I am free to be either or both. I have characteristics that are typically male, and some that are ascribed to female. But I feel comfortable in neither. Maybe I am fluid. But I am neither one nor the other. I wish that I could just be without being judged. My wife is just happy I don't want to be a man. Which makes me laugh. I am not a man, any more than I am a woman. What am I? Something of both, but distinctively neither. Accept that. Or just leave me alone.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 3:26 pm

I'm genderfluid between female and a few different flavours of nonbinary.

River628
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2021, 3:28 pm

Hello, I'm new here. I identify as agender.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 3:40 pm

River628 wrote:
Hello, I'm new here. I identify as agender.

Hello, welcome to the forum! :D

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 3:25 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
A bit of relevant history: The main founder of the autistic rights movement, Jim Sinclair, was intersex, hence also nonbinary.

Lots of intersex people are binary, the two don't always follow.

True, but Jim Sinclair happens to be both intersex and nonbinary. Quote: "I remain openly and proudly neuter, both physically and socially."

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 3:27 pm

Ettina wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
A bit of relevant history: The main founder of the autistic rights movement, Jim Sinclair, was intersex, hence also nonbinary.

Lots of intersex people are binary, the two don't always follow.

True, but Jim Sinclair happens to be both intersex and nonbinary. Quote: "I remain openly and proudly neuter, both physically and socially."

I'm aware.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 4:17 pm

Edna3362 wrote:

I generally go with a female or androgynous style, depending on how I'm feeling on that day. I don't mind if I get perceived as female, since some of my gender feels feminine.

Magnapinna
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Nov 2021, 1:56 am

one nonbinary here!

BugsBunnyFan
Raven
Raven

21 Nov 2021, 9:56 pm

I’m somewhere between female and non-binary. I present as an average girl in real life to avoid drawing attention to my gender. Online I often present as male or gender neutral.

hold_sway
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Dec 2021, 1:34 pm

I am a non-binary trans guy. I don’t care for the word ‘man’ at all, but I’m okay being called my partner’s boyfriend (or husband), and I use they- and he-series pronouns.