(Trans/NB people) Do you plan on medically transitioning?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 11:40 pm

Or have you already medically transitioned/started doing so? Also, do you want to go on HRT and get surgery, or just go on HRT?

I personally want to go on testosterone, but I don't think I want surgery of any kind. I don't think the expenses and risks are worth surgery, plus I hate going through medical procedures. That could change after I go on HRT, though.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 1:32 pm

Personally, no, because although I'm not entirely a girl, I'm also not a boy and don't want to look more like one.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 1:43 pm

No plans changing my bodily appearance.
I don't have a form of body dysphoria.

No preferences over with what I already appear as a female.

Hormones by itself, though, that's another story.
Not because I want to be less feminine body, but because I may have an ill female body.

If it's a possible option, I'd take HRT for cognitive functioning, overall physical and mental health.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 2:22 pm

I don't really have much dysphoria regarding my primary sex characteristics, but my secondary ones give me a lot of dysphoria so that's why I'd like to at least go on HRT. I'd like to look a lot more masculine and have facial hair + a deeper voice. I don't know what I'd do about my chest since I don't necessarily mind being stuck with (small, easily hideable) breasts, but I don't like the size they're at right now + I still don't want to go through top surgery if they don't get much smaller after HRT. Maybe a breast reduction would suffice and not be as intensive of a surgery. :chin:

River628
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2021, 9:35 pm

I am considering top surgery, but no HRT.

BugsBunnyFan
Raven
Raven

21 Nov 2021, 9:54 pm

I don’t want to medically transition at all. I know I’d really look bad as a guy. But if I could try being completely male for a day without permanent changes I would. I’d say I’m not completely binary, but not really trans either. I’m just somewhere between being a cis female and non-binary.

I only recently started identifying as non-binary. I notice the most dysphoria when I’m gendered as female when I don’t need to be. I cringe so much when people online ask if I’m male or female. I prefer having no gender at all if it’s an option.

I’m real life I just try not drawing attention to my gender. If I try to look too masculine that draws attention to my feminine traits in a negative way. Same thing if I wear anything too soft and frilly. People in real life see me as female, but I usually don’t care. I sometimes get social dysphoria when people draw an unusual amount of attention to my gender. This usually happens with guys, but it’s also happened with older women. Maybe I’m just a girl with who hates gender roles. Doesn’t make any difference either way to me since I don’t plan on coming out or transitioning in real life.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 11:01 am

I'm not trans, but I wouldn't want to get bottom surgery because it greatly diminishes the amount of pleasure you are able to receive.

Unless one is non-sexual and doesn't care.

But if I were to transition, laser hair removal would be quite an ordeal for me @_@ But it would be nice to not have to bother with shaving/trimming the face anymore.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 4:26 pm

I personally do not wish to medically transition at this time. My physical body isn't "wrong" per se to me - it's more the emotional/mental side.

Nateishere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Nov 2021, 6:48 pm

I do plan on transitioning. My name is Nathan and I am a trans male and I use he/him pronouns. I have a lot of dysphoria and I have a supporting family. I do plan on getting top surgery, bottom surgery, going on hormones, and getting a hysterectomy. But, I plan on doing that in time. I may not have the money to do it, but I fear that I won't be able to transition at all. I also have a fear of going under anesthesia. I haven't had a major surgery, but I have the fear for some odd reason. I am confused on whether I should get top surgery first or get a hysterectomy first.

hold_sway
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Dec 2021, 1:33 pm

I’ve had top surgery, can’t really take testosterone for medical reasons and I’m gaining peace with that.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 1:10 pm

I think being whoever you want to be online in the digital world, is being a part of 'The Matrix'. In the real world, to most other people, you are either a binary 'male' or 'female'. It doesn't matter what you believe, that's just how most people will perceive you, based on millions of years of genetic evolution & genetic memory.

No amount of propaganda or social engineering will change that.

The technology isn't here yet to easily swap bodies. It is a waste of time & effort in my opinion, in the current year.

Cunfuzed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2021, 5:45 am

Some are just talking about surgery, but does the HRT actually help with your autism?

GhostBoy_Kas
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Dec 2021, 8:09 am

I do plan on getting top surgery and going on HRT, and I might get a hysterectomy, but Im not going to get bottom surgery unless they make it safer and less risky.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 2:19 pm

Cunfuzed wrote:
Some are just talking about surgery, but does the HRT actually help with your autism?

I'm confused, why would HRT help with autism?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 2:20 pm

GhostBoy_Kas wrote:
I do plan on getting top surgery and going on HRT, and I might get a hysterectomy, but Im not going to get bottom surgery unless they make it safer and less risky.

That's one of the reasons that I don't really want bottom surgery. It's very risky and the results aren't worth it at all, IMO.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 7:20 pm

It takes painstaking time & effort to transition with current technology and the rewards are minimal socially, since you will fool less people than you think.

For example, a male to female transgender person, who has gender reassignment surgery... how do you change your bone structure with current technology?

You cannot and so people will just view you as 'weird' and you will be socially ostracised further, which is okay if you can afford to do that.

You may be lucky and have bone structure of the gender you wish to appear as, but most aren't so lucky.