Does anyone here identify as nonbinary?

Page 5 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 9:26 am

Just learned that WP allows you to change the gender on your profile. Just set mine to non-binary. 8)

lovelyanathema
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Feb 2022, 4:20 am

I say I'm non- binary because I identify as xenogender and I think that the general public doesn't have the capacity to understand or accept xenogender

my body is female and I like dressing and looking feminine but I don't think those two things correlate. I would still want to wear dresses and stuff if I was born male.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 4:59 am

Unless I want to have some romantic relationship,I think of me as a floating observer with no physical structure. Anything that reminds me of my physicality while I'm thinking or gathering information annoys me.

In an RPG, if there is no mix option, I would choose my birth gender - female. In forum discussions, I deliberately use language commonly used in the male community (in Chinese, of course) to imply my male gender.
Physically, at the moment, I would undoubtedly be considered a female.I don't have the extra energy to modify my appearance.There is more meaningful work to be done.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Eddy98
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Apr 2022, 12:39 pm

Non-binary here! I prefer demi-boy but Im okay with being an enby as well :)

Not_Otherwize_Specified
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jul 2022, 4:30 pm

as of now I consider myself non-binary. I was born female but associate very little interest-wise and socially with other women. I guess the one major aspect of myself that I would consider "traditionally female" is that I am incredibly sensitive and emotional. Other than that I really don't identify at all as a woman. I prefer thinking of myself as male. Iv'e HATED being classified based purely on gender my whole life and still am uncertain if the label non-binary is right for me. I like how Skinned Wolf put it, "as a floating observer with no physical structure".

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

13 Aug 2022, 5:27 pm

Technically I am non-binary. But to be really honest, if someone asked me whether I was a boy or a girl, in my mind I reply, "I'm a lesbian".

I know some people will retort back, "but lesbians are women and you are a woman" Yes I feel more like a woman than a man...but not as 'woman' as other women. Womanhood feels slightly alien to me in a way I can't explain.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 6:11 pm

I identify with "tomboy".

Diverse4Me
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2022, 11:42 am

I an Endy Enby!

Getting diagnosed as ASD was part of what made me think about my gender, late in life.

Never really fit in anywhere, was called gay in primary school before I knew what it meant just cos I was weird.

Not gay, but wouldn't mind if I was. Actually re-watching the original remake (Canadian) of Queer As Folk. So much better than original British, the exception that proves the rule!

Yeah, but many of my autistic traits are the more cis-female as opposed to typical male ones.

ASD2, ADHD, Anxiety, Depression etc

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 4:51 am

I used to be called gay in high school because of how I was obsessed with a couple of female teachers. I didn't have any sexual feelings for them, I was just obsessed. But other kids wouldn't understand that.

Also I always wore boys clothes as a teenager. I never wore skirts or dresses. I even invested in boys boxer shorts (which I had to change back to girls underwear whenever it was my time of the month).

I was never into sport though.

Diverse4Me
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Sep 2022, 2:11 am

addendum:

I was reading the first AutiBlog issue - google it and get two issues free, including the first issue on both

Autistic & LGBTQI pride,

and found mention of Autigender - interesting...

just searched up a definition, more here https://www.queerundefined.com/search/autigender

"autigender
outlined_flag
A term for when a person perceives that their experience of gender is influenced by their autism. For example if something about their gender is influenced by a special interest, a sensory experience, or a disconnect from neurotypical definitions of gender. Not usually used as someone's whole identity but a part of it, though some may use this as their only identifier. Not available for use by allistic (non-autistic) people."

I didn't think about identifying as non-binary until some time after my diagnosis.

I only started painting my nails irregularly too, part of it was seeing someone else's nail colours, and now part of it is the sensory feel of having them painted and glossy.

ASD2, ADHD, Anxiety, Depression etc

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 7:22 am

First, I should acknowledge a correction funeralxempire made to a post of mine earlier in this thread. Jim Sinclair, the main founder of the autistic rights movement, is/was both intersex and nonbinary, but I should not have said "hence also." It is certainly possible for an intersex person to identify strongly with one binary gender.

By the way, does anyone know whether Jim Sinclair is still alive, and, if so, how they are doing?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 7:49 am

Jim Sinclair seems to be alive.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 11:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Jim Sinclair seems to be alive.

Do you, or anyone here, have any idea what Jim Sinclair is doing now, or how to contact them?

When I google their name (together with the word "autism" or "neurodiversity"), all I find is historical stuff, nothing current.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 3:03 pm

Me either.....There is stuff pertaining to Jim Sinclair from 2020, but nothing more recent than that.

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Sep 2022, 3:44 am

I am nonbinary. I feel more male and more female dependent on day. I prefer they/them, he/him, she/her in that order.

I'm not sure about my sexuality since I have not been very sexually minded in some years (I still don't really identify as ace/aro my disinterest is intellectual and not instinctual) but I guess I'm somewhat unwillingly bi/pan. I would really appreciate not having any attraction to cis men but to some point I unfortunately do. How much of that is comp-het is hard to say.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 2:23 pm

Diverse4Me wrote:
addendum:

I was reading the first AutiBlog issue - google it and get two issues free, including the first issue on both

Autistic & LGBTQI pride,

and found mention of Autigender - interesting...

just searched up a definition, more here https://www.queerundefined.com/search/autigender

"autigender
outlined_flag
A term for when a person perceives that their experience of gender is influenced by their autism. For example if something about their gender is influenced by a special interest, a sensory experience, or a disconnect from neurotypical definitions of gender. Not usually used as someone's whole identity but a part of it, though some may use this as their only identifier. Not available for use by allistic (non-autistic) people."

I didn't think about identifying as non-binary until some time after my diagnosis.

I only started painting my nails irregularly too, part of it was seeing someone else's nail colours, and now part of it is the sensory feel of having them painted and glossy.

It seems there are more NBs here on WP than anywhere else I have been, online or offline. In fact I have never met an NB before until I came here. I had never even heard of it.
Perhaps some autistic people just don't like being associated with a gender.