Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 11:08 pm

OutsideView wrote:
If any asexuals don't mind me asking a couple of questions: Do you feel the same towards all genders?

Sure I do. :lol:

Quote:
Do you ever feel left out or, like the OP says, is it just a nice easy feeling of not being interested?

The latter. :P
No amount of romantizing ideas and pressures about relationships, sex and romance ever convinced me otherwise.

Quote:
Do you care if someone is attracted to you?

I honestly don't know what to do if someone does or doesn't.
Regardless of what the other party feels or thinks, I feel or thought nothing changed towards them and their confessions -- only knowledge.

Lose more time here.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 12:50 pm

I've read that the homophobes are raising a stink over the new Buzz Lightyear movie because two characters in it have a same-sex kiss. Pixar was going to delete the scene, but LGBT and LGBT-friendly people raised a stink about that, too. I don't get why sexuality is such a big deal, I've watched plenty of cartoon movies with romance in my life and I was never like "Ewww, why do they have to have characters be attracted to each other at ALL?" :roll:

Of course, in most G or PG rated cartoon movies the lovemaking doesn't normally get above a G or PG rating. But in adult live action movies it's just gross.

I've decided that all my own characters are officially ace, including the ones that have romantic partners or children. The stork brought their kids, okay? :lol:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 12:55 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Thejediwolf wrote:
Think of someone you aren't attracted
to. Now imagine that is how you feel
about everyone.

Thats the best way I’ve heard of to describe asexuality.

Is it really 'just' that or are there significant second and third-order consequences? I think it's those that are probably the most interesting, ie. that their minds have to organize themselves around something other than sex and that said organization has to be durable enough to get them through life without a massive carrot guiding their every move or giving them the shot in the arm to go storm the hill of status hierarchies.

Are you being serious? It's a really low motivator for me and often just a nuisance that gets in the way of more important things lol.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 2:24 am

Maybe I would have had an easier time if I were asexual, and not made some stupid mistakes caused by me having crushes on women.

NumbGummyGums
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jun 2022, 2:41 pm

I am ace, ace and aro two separate things, I am both ace and aro, I don't want to have sex at all but that's just me some Ace don't mind sex, I am aro I don't like romance, I am just talking about me personally so I just want to clarify in case I miss something or offend anyone.

Also yes I saw that Pixar uproar, I was reading the comments on YouTube saying they are trying to indoctrinate our children I am like :roll:

If you're going to say that you could say the same about a hetero couple kissing in a kids movie, its freaking ridiculous how these people are and they bring the bible into it every single time. I saw the kiss it was just a small peck. People saying its oversexualize...what the heck?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 6:40 pm

Happy Ace Pride Week to all who identify as asexual around the world! :D

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2022, 2:13 am

**trigger warning**
I can relate. I feel free from romantic feelings so I see love songs and stuff through the abstract lense of what landscape I think of, or my feelings about people platonically. I was raped as a boy and fatherless so I think my undiagnosed autism heightened my body's response and I fell into a "touch me" addiction. Naturally preferring hard touch, I wondered why men never wanted to "grab" me or "trap" me. While nt people around me had crushes and dates, I was craving aggressive manhandling to fill a need for intimacy. Never have and never intend on having sex unless God wills it. Its been much easier to deal with since coming on here.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 9:52 am

I've been an ACE my entire life. I've never been interested in people of any gender.

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2022, 4:25 pm

I'd consider myself asexual because I have no desire to be in a romantic or sexual relationship, while having had several such relationships with XX-chromosomes persons in the past.

Though I'm not 100% asexual, as there is still a part of my brain which (very rarely) thinks a romantic relationship would be a good idea. If it was possible to reprogram that part, I would do it. Because the rest of my mind is totally incompatible with such a relationship, and the incompatibility increased with my age. I'm basically living a 100% schizoid lifestyle.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 8:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Maybe I would have had an easier time if I were asexual, and not made some stupid mistakes caused by me having crushes on women.

Like many just like you, I feel the same way.
If I were asexual, maybe people would treat me more nice. :oops:

Princess Viola
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jan 2023, 3:53 pm

I'm what you'd call a sex-repulsed asexual, which means that I'm pretty much entirely put off and disgusted by the idea of ever having sex. It's just never been a thing I've had an interest in, even when I started going through puberty in my teens. (And I will unfortunately admit that I did feel like I was 'broken' because of my utter lack of interest in sex until I learned about asexuality and realized that that's what I am - of course then you also had people who insisted it was just made up tumblr nonsense for white teenagers who want to be 'quirky' which is just, I don't think I need to say it but obviously I hate acephobia)

I'm still attracted to women and transfeminine people romantically, so you could say I'm asexual but homoromantic, but I just call myself an ace lesbian or just lesbian (the latter especially when I don't want to try and explain the difference between sexual and romantic attraction).

It honestly seriously blows my mind when I pay attention and realize how much non-asexuals love to talk about sex and sexual relations. It's so weird to me and I just don't understand how something like that can be such a common topic of discussion.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 5:43 am

People talk about sex primarily because they desire sex.

I respect you for being asexual. Nothing wrong with it. Just like there’s nothing wrong with desiring sex.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2023, 6:33 am

OutsideView wrote:
If any asexuals don't mind me asking a couple of questions: Do you feel the same towards all genders? Do you ever feel left out or, like the OP says, is it just a nice easy feeling of not being interested? Do you care if someone is attracted to you?

At best, I’m a mysogynist. The time and place I grew up, guys and girls were always trying to get in each others pants, including mine. I was never really interested in most girls, however, if I did show interest, there was hell to pay, primarily from my parents.

The only thing that never fought back, until recently, was food. After abusing food for over 60 years, I’m now diabetic, and am in stage 3 chronic kidney disease. I’ve been trying to kill myself for years, yet nobody really gave a damn about me or my problems growing up. Any attempt I tried to tell about my issues got met with ridicule, derision, and outright hatred, as well as antipsychotics, which I didn’t need.

Essentially, I gave up. I’ve learned, the hard way, that if I ask for help, I’m told STFU, and don’t bother us.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 12:36 pm

People pretty much have to fend for themselves…..

Saying this, there have been people who came to bat for me…..but it’s almost always bad for one to actively plead for help.

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jan 2023, 7:46 am

MuddRM wrote:
At best, I’m a mysogynist. The time and place I grew up, guys and girls were always trying to get in each others pants, including mine. I was never really interested in most girls, however, if I did show interest, there was hell to pay, primarily from my parents.

That's just one type of sexual behaviour of males and females. They basically abuse sex as a drug. Sometimes females like that are particularly interested in males who don't show interest in them, and may try to seduce them. And then they do the same with other males while they are in a relationship with those they seduced. They basically keep repeating this behaviour for their entire life.

You don't need to be a misogynist because of that.

Many women only have sex with men who they trust, after getting to know them for a sufficient amount of time. And there's likely more women than men who are asexual.

But you may find that you don't want your mental wellbeing to depend on another person. It's horrible, even if they do nothing wrong. While the "bodycount type of women" may be merely annoying and stressful, having a romantic relationship with the "not bodycount type of women" can be a severe threat for your mental wellbeing.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 6:13 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've been an ACE my entire life. I've never been interested in people of any gender.

Have people tried provoking you into turning away from being an ace?