You ever feel like you might be a gay man in a woman's body?

Page 2 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 11:58 am

Maybe kinda sorta..
I did date an ASish guy for 2 years who felt like he was a lesbian in a man's body..he was sorta Gender-queer and naturally effeminate...I had an early crush on a guy and didn't even notice that he was obviously gay...a friend had to point it out to me...A few relationships I have been in have been with guys who turned out to be bisexual....so maybe..

radicalrachel85
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Sep 2010, 12:12 pm

I'm quite the opposite, actually. I'm a gay woman trapped in a man's body.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 1:58 pm

Like my ex-boyfriend....

Fluke83
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Sep 2010, 6:42 pm

I feel like a gay boy trapped in a girl's body... What is up with this...?

I'm currently reading "Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome" and "Pretending to Be Normal: Living With Asperger's Syndrome", both mentions some sort of gender fluidity, or feeling like half male/half female.

Personally I can't REALLY connect with that, or that specific wording, but I also can't deny the fact that it touches upon the issues I feel when I say I feel like a gay boy in a girl's body.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 7:44 pm

No, I do not feel like a gay man in a woman's body. I feel like a bisexual in a woman's body.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 1:09 am

No I don't think I've ever felt this way.

zweisamkeit
Raven
Raven

02 Dec 2010, 10:16 pm

i've always said this to my mom " I feel like i am a gay man trapped in a womans body."
I dont feel like i am literally a gay man... but i do feel like i am a man.. but i am attracted to men... therefore i'd be gay......

ive never felt girly... and i feel out of place around women... but i could never be with another woman..
It's weird although i dont feel girly, i love to wear makeup.... but i suck at wearing girly clothes. :< its hard for me to find clothes that are fashionable.. not to mention the girly clothes are very uncomfortable.

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 1:19 am

pansexual man trapped in a woman's body. I don't get gender differences for the most part. I do get reproduction and the necessity for someone with a uterus to carry a fetus to term. beyond that, I think people make too big a deal out of sex, gender, and sexuality.

my son just came out as bisexual and I'm happy for him that he is defining himself instead of hiding who he is because of fear of intolerance. I hope he's exponentially less confused about himself as he grows up than I was, because it was horrible growing up thinking I had to be a lesbian to be loved by my completely f****d up mother.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 3:51 am

i've always felt this way. my husband noticed it soon after we met, too, and he often jokes that i am his husband with boobs.
i wondered if i was gay or bi before knowing about AS, i still feel sort of bi at times, but i'm married and not acting on it.
it's a strange feeling, to be a man living the life of a stay at home mum.

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2010, 8:53 am

there is actually a term for a woman who feels like a gay man: 'girlfag'. There is even an article about it on wikipedia. And to answer the OPs question: yes i do

misswoofalot
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 2:20 pm

Yes . All my gay male friends think I am one too!

Babaganeesh
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Dec 2010, 4:43 am

yes and no but not for the more common reasons. the primary rationale would be that gay men have a well established fort in the feminine and aggressive territory and i very much relate to that. i don't do meek, or one-dimensional nurturing. i despise the color pink as shorthand for girls and women, and i like all sorts of things that "average" women define as male (geek stuff primarily). even still, i swoon for all the typical appearance trappings of femininity (makeup, impossible shoes, and lingerie), not because i have to, but because i choose to. they don't make me more feminine, they just appeal to my aesthetics.

i am a confirmed and devoted 'hag' as they say, and i accept queer people of all stripes and types, i have to say i relate best to those gay men that are intensely themselves, unapologetic, about their effeminate qualities, and fierce. i feel like i share a gender with them much more than i do with the many women that i meet.

CinnamonGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Dec 2010, 1:58 pm

I've actually said this to describe myself and my thought process...not the gay man part, but I've always maintained that I am a man trapped in a woman's body...and since I'm attracted to men, I suppose that would make me a gay man in a woman's body! :lol:

mimsy123
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Dec 2010, 9:36 pm

I've wondered about this before. I think the most accurate explanation of my feelings would be that I'm definitely female (no wish for a penis), but I tend to identify most often with male fictional characters and often wish I had a body type capable of pulling off a more androgynous look (like Ellen).

For the record, I'm not sexually attracted to...anyone. My hero in the sexual attraction department is Sheldon Cooper.

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 10:40 am

I don't see this in myself. I'm more "genderless" than anything. That said, my mom certainly shows signs of this. One of her good male friends (who is gay) used to say so too.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 2:30 pm

I'm a tomboy who happens to be a 60s person. I don't like the typical males of this current time. I have a thing for the young Mick Avory, in particular the chubbier body that he had in 64/65. I'm a very different person and I cherish my differences and I don't really think that I'm missing out on a whole lot, as far as today's dating scene is concerned. I also go for guys who are my type, and those guys are few and far between these days. I thought that I was gay for a couple of months, here on WP. I've reevaluated my sexuality and come to the conclusion that I'm a tomboy who happens to be very old fashioned, compared to the average woman of today and what she would like in a man. I feel that I'm a tomboy in a tomboy's body.